16. Ava

Jer came into Lit with his arm around Amy and a big smile on his face.

I had finally accepted that he liked her and that he would never ever like me.

I think my heart was broken.

I took in a deep breath and looked away from them as they took their seats in front of me.

"You okay?"

I turned to Jimmy and nodded. "Yeah."I whispered.

He didn't look convinced and he glanced at the back of Jeremiah's head before glancing back at me.

"If you say so."

I sighed and rolled my eyes when Amy giggled for the fifth time since class started.

"Okay guys! I have a 10th grade assignments to grade. I would like you to work on your projects in class today."Mr.Dermott announced before walking to his desk.

I wasn't sure what I was meant to do. Jer wasn't talking to me and I didn't think he was going to work with me.

Since Amy and Jimmy had already finished their project ages ago, Jimmy brought out a comic book form his bag to read.

I bit my lip and glanced at Jer, he was still talking to Amy. He didn't even acknowledge what the teacher had said.

I picked up my pencil and started doodling in my notebook.

I couldn't help but eavesdrop on what Jeremiah and Amy were speaking about. It wasn't my fault though, Amy was speaking really loud, everyone else was silently working on their projects.

"Yeah so maybe we could see The Space Between Us or Split?"I heard Amy say.

They were going to see a movie together?

"Let's see Split. That other movie sounds too sappy."Jer said.

I ground my teeth.

"Okay sounds good. I can't wait to see it."Then she blushed, looked down."With you."

That's when I felt something in me snap just like it had yesterday with Nadine.

"You know what Ava?"I said slamming my pencil on the table and yes, I said her name wrong on purpose. "People are trying to work here. So shut the fuck up or get your smart-ass, annoying, clingy, desperate self out of here!"I finished.

Thankfully I had only whisper shouted meaning only the people closest to us could here and I wouldn't get in trouble with Mr.Dermott.

Jer stared at me in disbelief, Amy looked confused and hurt and Jimmy awkwardly cleared his throat.

I looked down in shame and noticed my pencil snapped in half. I must have slammed it really hard on the table.

Fortunately the bell rang then and class was over. I packed my stuff up and bolted out of the class.

Jimmy was hot on my heels.

"Hey, hey, hey."he said grabbing my bag strap."Calm down Aurora."

I bit my lip.

He probably thought I was a bitch now. He had only become my friend and I had already blown it.

"What was that?"he asked incredulously.

I twiddle my fingers and shrugged.

"I have never ever since you act like that. Is there something going on?"he asked.

"No."

"Okay, I might not know you that well yet but you are known as a girl who is the complete opposite from the girl in that room."