10.Ready as I'll ever be

"Hey Aurora?"

"Hmmm?"

"Are you a magician? Cos every time I see you everyone else disappears."

I giggled. "Derrick!"I said slapping his arm playfully.

"You know I'm not a photographer but I can picture you and me together."

I giggled again and shook my head. "Did you sit in a pile of sugar? Because you've got a sweet ass."

I gasped and slapped his arm harder this time my cheeks turning red.

Jer grunted and crossed his arms from the passenger seat.

After arguing for a while Jer and Ryan had soon noticed I and Derrick's absence and joined us in the kitchen where we were pigging out on cake and ice-cream.

I quite liked Derrick, he was funny and entertaining, It was kind of disappointing that someone like him was involved with drugs. He seemed like such a great guy.

I had refused to go anywhere with Jer and Jer had refused to go anywhere without me and Ryan said he wasn't leaving without me too so Derrick suggested we all go together in Ryan's car.

We all reluctantly agreed and I had sat beside Derrick in the back so I didn't have to sit with Jer.

"Derrick you need to shut up."Ryan said.

"I surprisingly agree with Mr.Protective over here."Jer gritted out.

"Oh shut up Jeremy you're just jealous."Derrick said throwing his arms around me and pulling me close.

Jer turned in his seat and stared at Derrick's arm around me. "If you don't get your arm off her right now, I swear I'll-"

"If I wasn't comfortable with it, I would say so Jeremiah, now turn around and mind your own business."I snapped.

Jerks nose flared and he gave Derrick one more glare before turning around in his seat mumbling about how he wished he could disown Derrick as his cousin. Ryan whistled at my aggressiveness before leaning back in his chair with a sigh.

"So I know where Rory and Derrick live, what about you Jer?"Ryan asked.

"Why the fuck would you wanna know that?"Jer asked defensively.

Everyone went silent.

"Uh so I can drop you off?"Ryan said in an obvious tone after a few minutes.

Jer relaxed and gave a sheepish shrug. "Sorry, uh just drop me off at Derrick's."

I stared at the back of Jer's head in thought. I remembered when we had just been given the project and Jer had been so adamant on me not coming to his house.

'I can't let you go there' he had said.

It made me wonder if maybe Jer was hiding something. Although he did fail to mention he was a drug dealer and what not so I wouldn't be surprised.

"So who knew you could be so fiesty."Derrick smirked as he brought the conversation back to my hostility towards Jer.

"Well some people just bring that side out of me."I said crossing my arms.

Derrick chuckled."Well it was pretty hot."he said. My cheeks burned and I looked down. I don't think anyone had ever said anything like that about me.

"Stop the car."Jer said suddenly.

"What? Why?"Ryan asked.

"Do it now. "Jer said menacingly.

Ryan groaned before pulling over at the side of the road. Jer got out and open the back door. He grabbed Derrick by the front of his shirt who let out a strangled noise, pulled him out of the car and pushed him towards the open passenger door.