9.Murphy's

Jer hadn't come to school after what I saw him do and it had been a week

I was angry at him but I couldn't help but worry. He could have been in trouble.

Since I and Jer had met he hadn't missed one day of school.

It could have been because of what happened last week but for some reason I couldn't shake of the feeling that it was more than that.

I sighed as I walked to the bleachers. I ate lunch on my own as Nadine and her friends sat down below throwing me smug glances as they had been the whole week.

I was starting to think that maybe this whole drug business was why Jer hadn't around.

Maybe he got in trouble for selling drugs, or maybe he was selling them right now, or maybe a flying ninja monkey aliens captured him on his way to school on Monday.

That last one really got me worried.

I got up as I made up my mind. I was going to find out where Jer was but it wasn't like I could call him since I didn't have his number and I couldn't go to his house since I had no clue where he lived, so I was going to ask the only person I knew who had any information about Jer.

"Feeling lonely Aurora?"Nadine asked as I passed her group.

I rolled my eyes. "I'd rather be lonely than hang out with a bunch of people who secretly hate me but put up with me because I'm popular."I shot back.

Her mouth shut instantly and her smug expression was know where to be seen. Some of the girls opened their mouths shocked while some tried to conceal they're laughter. That one girl who helped that blonde bitch take me to where Jer was smoking last week gave me a huge smile and little wave. I smiled back at her and walked away. She seemed pretty nice, I didn't know why she was hanging with Nadine.

"Hey Ryan!"I said as I met him at his locker.

"Hey Rory!"he smiled and gave me a quick side hug.

I had fortunately and unfortunately been hanging out with Ryan and Millie more. Forunately cos they were awesome to be around but unfortunately cos I was a third wheel. But I and Ryan were growing close.

"Sooooo..."I started. I didn't really know how to bring up Jer, I knew how much Ryan hated him.

Ryan turned to me expectantly.

"I need your help."I said with a sheepish smile.

His eyes narrowed in suspicion. "With what?"

"Nothing really....I just need to ask a couple of questions."

"Shoot."

I took a deep breath. "It's about Jer."

Ryan instantly frowned. "Of course it is."he sighed.