Chapter 4; Identity

A/N
The use of * denotes an action done by the person's POV.

~

"What's a weirdo doing here?"
"She's a freak, right?"
"What's with her eyes?"
"Tsk. What's with those contacts?
"Get away from that freak"
"Is she blind?"
"Can she see?"
"She's technically asking for attention."
"Way to be an attention seeker"

Haidee's POV

*sniffle* "Mom, why are my eyes like these?"
*sniffle* "Mom, please buy me contacts that are normal. Please"
*sniffle*
The mom I call pats my head and hugged me tight. "Your eyes are beautiful. It doesn't matter what other people say, it's what you say about yourself that matters. Remember that Haidee."
I nodded my head softly, as if thinking over the advice.
*sniffles
She continued to pat my head.
"Haidee, do you really want to deny those eyes you got from your Dad?"
"No!" I shouted quickly.
*sniffles*
"Mom, I love these eyes. Because its what I have left of Dad."
I couldn't help but cry as I remember Dad's back as he left and never came back. His broad shoulders, topped with his black leather coat.
I heard a knock and mom said "Come in" I looked towards the door and saw my brother come in. I quickly ran at him with my arms open, ready to hug him. He hugged me back as he draw circles on my back with his finger. "It's okay Haidee, we have the same eyes." Says my big bro as he smiled that angelic smile.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Blk blk blk blk" I can't breathe. I felt my arms go up, like trying to reach the sky. I felt a hand that gripped mine and a hand that circled around my hips. The owner of those hands pulled me up. "Pwah!" I breathed as soon as I could. And I didn't notice that I was hugging my rescuer, my arms on his shoulders. I felt him have no breasts, 'He's a guy huh' I thought. He swam to the shore and as soon as I felt my feet touch the sand, I tried to stand on my own but failed as I tripped. My rescuer caught me and that time did I notice who he was, none other than the best big bro I could ever have.
"Are you okay?" He asked. "Mhm mhm" I murmured. He then carried me princess style, which I was kinda surprised about, as I unknowingly and on instinct circled my arms on his neck. "Thank you soooooo much my dearest brother" I said, prolonging the 'so'. "You're such an angel sent by heaven!" I added dramatically. Well, I almost drown and he just saved him.
"Anything for my dear lil' sis" and there he goes, smiling that smile I love.