Chapter 2; Change in Life

I think I’m finally awake but I don’t want to open my eyes because I keep on thinking about the same dream I got. It was a massacre, I think. There were so many dead bodies around, blood all over the floor, fire burning everything around. It was really scary.

I finally snapped my eyes open but then closed it. My eyes hurt from too much light. I rubbed my eyes, trying to get a better sight. My eyes were fine then I first saw the white wa-“WHITE WALLS?!” I suddenly whisper-shout. Then I just realized that I am lying on a bed not as comfy as my bed. ‘This is so not MY bed!’ I thought angrily. I sat up and observed my surroundings.

My eyes are gonna pop out my face and my jaw is probably reaching the floor! I think I’m in a hospital because of the white walls and some bandages in my arms. AND the walls, the table beside me, the blanket on top of me and my arms look so ANIMATED!! But I feel real!!! ‘Okay, someone is messing up with my mind’ I thought still in shock. ‘This is too much sho-OH Haidee, stop the nonsense, this is nothing but a dream’ I thought to myself while slapping my own face with both hands. AND it hurts!!! “Ouch!!” again I whisper-shout.

 I think this is real but then again, ‘animated? Me? This is a dream’  I thought to myself. “Maybe if I go to sleep now, maybe I’ll wake up REALLY really” I said to myself since there’s no one around anyways.

I was resting my head in my right arm as if I have the worst headache. ‘this is just a dream, this is just a dream’ I keep on repeating my thoughts until it was cut off by a gentle voice from the direction of the door “Oh I see your-“ she pause for at least a minute and continued “awake, just a minute and I’ll go call the Hokage” I simply nodded, not processing what she just said. She ran out of the room. But then I realized she was animated too!

Then I try to continue my thoughts, this happening just a dream until the last word of the nurse struck me and I froze. She said Hokage! ‘the HOKAGE!??! As in, in konoha?! In the naruto show?! Naruto is an anime! And my surroundings are in anime!’ I thought really freak out. ‘I am in naruto?! For real?!’ I thought again and again. I know even without a mirror that my eyes are wide open.

I was too absorbed in my thoughts that I didn’t notice people enter my-----the room until someone cleared their throat. I snapped my head towards the source of the sound and saw the hokage! The third! The old-man wearing his triangular, kind of big hat! AND the copycat nin KAKASHI HATAKE!!- My top favourite character in this anime!!! I stared at them with wide eyes and I notice that the moment our eyes met each others' we are all in wide eyes mode of face.

 I am staring at them because you know?! They are anime characters! But they are staring at me, a normal 13 year old girl, like I’ve grown two heads, complete shock evident in their eyes. Then my thoughts has gone wild ‘do I look good in anime? Do I look the same? Normal? Or a completely different look? Did they pause because of the same reason the nurse pause a while ago? What do I fudgingly look like?!’ my thoughts were more and more questions on how I look like. We were staring at each other that seem like forever--- 2 adults versus 1 young teen in a staring contest.

Then Kakashi cleared his throat meaning he regained composure and after like 5 seconds, the Hokage closed his eyes meaning he calms down too. And so I did too. When i opened my eyes, the Hokage started talking “I am the Hokage and this is the jounin that brought you here Kakashi Hatake” He gestured at Kakashi who nodded at me. I then thought ‘Kakashi brought me here? Does that mean he saved me? KYAAAAAA!!!’ Then I lowered my head in shyness and muttered “Th-thank y-you” loud enough for them to at least hear.

Then I looked at them again. The Hokage then continued “young child, may I know your name?” I was still staring at them with wide eyes but managed to utter words “H-Haidee H-H-Heartfilia” I mentally slapped myself for saying my real name, it doesn’t sound Japanese at all! From the corner of my eyes, I can see Kakashi standing cool-like, his hands on his pocket but curiosity in his eyes as he looks at me.

The Hokage continued talking gently “where are you from?” then my thoughts has gone wild AGAIN on and on to what to answer. After maybe a minute of silence, “A-Asia” I stuttered again. I really want to slap myself. I just said what continent, not country; well it was our lesson in history class. The Hokage raised an eyebrow at me and Kakashi was still quiet.

I then looked down in fear of what will happen to me and nervousness and other mixtures of feelings. But now I am actually trying to calm down myself too because I’m scared that my fangirl will really go wild at Kakashi!! He’s so cool! But I’m scared too because what will happen to me now? I was broke out of thoughts when the Hokage asked again “Heartfilia? Asia?” I nodded at that.

“Do you have any relative that is a Hyuuga?” asks Kakashi. I looked at him confused and he probably saw it too because he reached to the drawer and pulled out a…mirror?..then handed it to me. I raised an eyebrow at him confused but he just replied with his famous eye closed smile, which I may add had me freaking out in the inside! ‘Oh mY gummy bearshi fudge!’ is the thought that kept on ranting inside my head. I looked down to hide my blush and try to peek at the mirror.

I saw my reflection and all thoughts stopped for a second. Then the thought ‘Oh mY gummy bearshi fudge!’ kept on going inside my head and I know for sure that my eyes are now wide as saucers and my jaw literally pulled down. ‘This is impossible’ I thought but then my next actions surprised me. I relaxed my face--- no my whole body that was shaking a while ago---and put down the mirror into my lap. I sighed and then holding out the mirror facing the 2 adults.

 I said “this mirror is broken” with a serious tone, my nervousness practically gone but I think a hint of freaking out is evident. There was a long silence and me staring at them both and them staring at me AGAIN. “Oh well, I do believe that mirror is not broken at all” says the Hokage breaking the silence.

And I replied almost immediately, “In my memory from the little me up to now, I only remember seeing my hair in black colour and my eyes are in colour of faint red and in shade of blue naturally!.” I shout at the end, pointing to my hair and then eyes. I didn’t get to see the reactions of both of them because I looked at the mirror again then just staring at it as if it was the greatest mystery in my whole life.

 I mean come on, seriously?! I know that from fanfictions, they change and have really the ones they like to have. But why do I have the Hyuuga eyes, in my case ‘eye’, in my right eye?! And my left eye is in colour of faint blue and in shade of red! My hair is in colour of that of the sky! With bangs too!? I honestly don’t like having bangs because they get in the way of my studying.

“This is crazy, This is a dream, This is too much” I said out loud laying the mirror to my lap and putting a hand in my forehead.

The Hokage was about to say something but all manners of hearing from me black out like I’m twirling in a circular shape then just after a couple of seconds, I faint in the bed; so not cool if you ask me.