9

Please play the song!!! Its what Draco plays when he's teaching Harry to play the piano. Its a sad sounding song but it's beautiful. Please play!!!
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• After finding Professor McGonagall, they had found out that there was indeed a music room on the 8th floor. When they asked for directions to it, McGonagall had hesitated. Most students weren't aloud on the 8th floor.

"Please Professor? Draco was going to teach me how to play piano! I've never heard a piano before, or any instruments for that matter, and it sounds like fun! I've never done anything fun. Vernon wouldn't let me do things that Dudley got to do. I was always cleaning" Harry rambled.

Draco had noticed he tended to do that when we was explaining something. And, the strange thing, is that everything always came back to something that Harry wasn't aloud to do. It seemed as though his life was... underprivileged.

Why does Harry talk as though his life is bad? Surely he's treated like gold, for he is The Boy Who Lived! He should have everything he wants!

"Well... alright Potter. But do take in mind of how loud you be? The sound drifts throughout the castle. That's why it isn't used much. Too much noise"
"Of course Professor! Thank you!"
"Here's a pass. You have five hours! Don't exceed the limit or you won't get to go back!"
"Yes ma'am" Harry said, taking the pass.

He and the others left the Professors office and set off to the stair case that leads to the 8th floor.

"Harry, what do you mean you never get to do things? And cleaning? Don't you have a house-elf to do that?" Pansy asked
"Vernon, my uncle, makes me clean. I help Petunia, my aunt, because she needs everything to be perfect all the time. And what's a house-elf?"
"A house-elf is an elf that does the household chores, like cooking and cleaning" Blaise explained
"Oh, well why wouldn't the person do it? That's what I do. I cook. I clean. I do everything that I'm told and if I don't, then I get punished"
"My god! Those people you live with are terrible! They treat you like a house-elf!" Pansy cried.

She couldn't imagine doing things like that. It must be horrifying!

"That's how I was raised. If I do things wrong, I'm punished. If I do what I'm supposed to do and listen, I'm rewarded"Harry said, as the came upon the 8th floor corridor. It was... interesting. There were suits of armor standing at each door, and the floor was carpet-clad, a dark brown color that contrasted with the light gray walls. There were hardly any paintings on the walls, and the few that were there didn't have any people in them, only landscapes, like mountains and lakes, meadows full of flowers, forests.

The students walked slowly down the hall.

"Which is the music room?" Goyle asked.

Suddenly, two of the suits of armor in front of a door moved and blocked a door. Harry screeched and flinched, scared by the sudden movement, and tripped over his robes. Draco grabbed his shoulders and steadied him.

"You will need a pass to enter the music room" a deep voice boomed from one of the suits of armor.
"W-we have a p-pass" Harry stuttered out, lifting the pass up.

The guards moved away from the door.

"You may enter"

Harry quickly opened the door, the others following him, and gasped.

The room was amazing!

One whole wall was a window, and a grand piano was in the middle of the room. The walls were painted a nice cream color with a high ceiling. One wall was lined with guitars and violins, the other, a book shelf filled with sheet music written by all sorts of different composers. The wall that had the door on it was filled with paintings and portraits of famous composers. They weren't moving though. They were like Muggle paintings. There was a couple of couches and arm chairs in front of the book shelf, and a coffee table that had a couple of folders that held music sheets in them.