18

It had been several months since the attack on Harry, almost 6. The school year was almost over and classes were getting hectic. The homework was being piled onto the students and work in class because a mixture of studying and learning new things. The First Years didn't start taking the serious exams until Third Year, but they did have a test at the end of the year for each class.

Students were also getting excited about going home for the holiday and seeing their family. All but one.

Harry Potter sat by himself in the window sill of the library, a book propped open in his knees that were slightly drawn.

Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them by Newt Scamander was Harry's favorite book. He loved learning about the different kinds if magical creatures.

He often visited Hagrid now, because Hagrid told him many different stories about the animals and creatures he had encountered over the years. It fascinated Harry greatly and he was in awe from the difference between Muggle animals and Wizard animals.

Harry flipped the page in his book when he heard footsteps approaching him. He looked up to see platinum blond hair and silver eyes. Draco Malfoy, one of Harry's best friends. He had gotten taller over the school year, but only a couple of inches, two or three maybe.

"Hello" Harry said when Draco finally reached him
"Hi Harry. What are you doing?" Draco asked, sitting at Harry's feet, putting Harry's shoe clad feet on his lap. Harry then propped the book on his thighs and held it on the sides.
"I'm reading. What are you doing in here for?"
"Looking for you, of course. Pansy was wondering if you wanted to go to the Music Room with me and her?" Draco asked
"Sure! Let me put this book back" Harry said and stood up.

He walked to the bookshelf, and went to put the book back. He was too short to reach the slot where the book belonged. He stretched and stood on his tippy toes, but still couldn't reach it. He heard a chuckle behind him before someone came behind him and took the book for his hand, his struggling ceased as he stood flat on his feet again.

"Now, come on, shorty. We have a piano to play" Draco said and stepped away from Harry.

Harry giggled and ran out of the library, Draco close behind him.

Draco laughed at Harry's running. He took small steps when he ran, so he stepped a lot more than Draco did. When Harry stepped three steps, Draco stepped one.

Draco hoped Harry stayed this way for a long time. They laughed again until they turned a corner on the Seventh Floor. Everything stopped there.