Chapter 7 ~ Frozen in Time

I walked into the institute, angry. I can't believe they actually followed me here. How could they? I feel like I am not trusted. I am one of the top shadowhunters. 

I sat down on the couch with a book in my hands, music playing the background. It was some korean thing that I liked. I didn't know what they were saying but it seemed to calm me. I was reading a latin book on fables, I thought the fables were cute. I liked reading fables and religious things because they were filled with fun, short, cute little stories. I soon fell into the world which was bieng described. 

I stopped reading when I heard the front doors shut. "Fashion Monster" by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu was playing, I understood nothing. I thank Emily for putting this Korean and Japanese stuff on my phone. I put my book down on the couch and turn off the music that was blaring from my phone. I was tired, I looked at the clock, 11 pm. Well okay then. I was reading that long, and they've been gone that long. 

Jace's P.O.V. 

Once Clary walked off everyone began talking and talking. We eventually stayed there until about 9 before everyone, but me, decided to go out to eat. I was forced to go by Isabelle and Alec. Jocelyn was forced to go by Luke. Maryse and Robert just wanted to see what Edinburgh was like. I never came here before, but it was beautiful. 

We had a good time, at least mostly everyone. We came back to the Edinburgh institute around 11. When we walked in we could hear faint music. I looked around to see if Clary was anywhere in sight, but the music did stop. 

"Clary.." Emily moaned when the music turned off. The group of people looked around at each other, I caught Alec's glance. 

"Oh leave her alone, I'm surprised she's up!" Logan said, the guy who was hugging Clary earlier. 

"At least she's listening to reasonable-" 

"AND I'M THE RACIST ONE?!?!" Michael shouted and it echoed through the institute. Everyone was silent for a moments but was interrupted as a knife whizzed through the air hitting the wall with a little piece of paper tied to it. Michael chuckled and walked over to it. 

"Yes, now shut the hell up. I'm trying to sleep.Michael read the letter aloud so we could all hear it. He laughed at it. Michael winked at Emily before jogging upstairs. I could hear him go into a door and someone laughing. 

Clary's P.O.V. 

I walked upstairs from the back stairs. I could hear people talking form downstairs but I didn't know what they were saying. I quickly got changed into a pair of sweats and a cami when I got into my room. I am going to miss this room. I climbed into bed and the lights were off. I was about to fall asleep when I heard Michael screaming something about him not being racist and I was. I groaned at his stupidity and climbed out of bed. I went over to my white desk and pulled a pack of post-it notes out. I pulled one off and wrote Yes, now shut the hell up. I am trying to sleep on it. I taped it to a knife and stepped out of my room and into the hall. I threw it and it whizzed through the air. I knew what Michael was going to do next, we've done this before. I go into his room, close the door and start digging around his things. I eventually find "Fifty Shades of Grey" and condoms. Michael bursts through the door and Ihave a cheesy grin on my face.