Chapter 17

Olivia's POV

"Can I ask you something?" Harry asks why absentmindedly playing with my fingers. We have spend the last half hour just enjoying laying beside each other in bed.

"Of course," I answer.

"Your last name is Tyler. Not Pate. Why?" he asks, his brow slightly furrowed.

"I changed it right after the accident. The press was all over me at the time so my parents' attorney actually advised me to take on a surname and possibly even relocate. That was when I was introduced to Heather at the magazine. She made it possible for me to transfer here to LA," I explain. Heather. I really need to call and apologise to her. Not to mention my poor best friend.

"And Carri just came with you or did you meet after you moved out here?"

I smiled to myself. "Care had just gotten out of a really bad relationship. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. We both needed a fresh start."

"That's pretty amazing, babe," Harry says.

"What's that?" I ask, not sure what part he's talking about.

"Just the fact that you have people in your life that make sure you're never alone. People you can live your life alongside. I hope I become one of those people for you," he looks down at me, almost nervously.

"You already are, Harry. I wouldn't have made it through these last twenty-four hours without you. Thank you. Thank you for everything." I feel my eyes start to burn a bit as tears well up. This time, however, they aren't sad tears. I'm happy. Even having Carri, I've kept myself roped off from so many things, so many emotions. Harry has been slowly breaking down these walls ever since he bumped into me on the street.

He reaches down and wipes away a stray teardrop from my cheek before leaning down and kissing my forehead. "What say we get ready, call the girls, and have them meet us for lunch? The sooner you patch things up with them, the better you'll feel. Sound good?"

"That sounds perfect. Only... I don't have any clothes here," I say chuckling.

"Well... while I would absolutely prefer for you to always wear my clothes, we can stop by your place on the way so you can get what you need. Give me five minutes to shower while you let the girls know and I'll be ready to go," he says before jumping up and strutting into the bathroom, winking over his shoulder before disappearing.

I quickly text Heather and Carri. Just as I figured, they both instantly responded with agreeing to meet me and Harry at the little Greek cafe down the street from mine and Carri's apartment in just an hour.

After a quick drive and me rushing around my place trying to bathe and get dressed, we have only ten minutes before time to be at the restaurant.

To say that I'm nervous to see my two closest friends right now is an understatement. I'm not angry with them anymore, but all of the feelings this whole mess has stirred up are still bubbling along the surface. It doesn't matter. Harry is right, as usual. The sooner we get through this, the happier we will all be.

Once we pull up to the restaurant, I wait patiently as Harry comes around to my side of the Range Rover to open my door. He helps me down and secures his hand around my waist. Leaning down gently, he whispers in my ear, "I'll be here with you the whole time. Just breathe, baby."

I let out the breath that I hadn't realized I had been holding in and nod my head, leaning up to place a chaste kiss to his perfect lips, "Thank you."

The hostess informs us that the rest of our party has already arrived and leads us out back onto the covered patio. I love this restaurant. White and slate stones cover the floors and walls, which are decorated in rich, green plants. 

Carri and Heather both stand simulataniously when we approach the table. They both look at me and then back to each other before cautiously walking around the table to where me and Harry have stopped. It's only a matter of seconds before the three of us burst into apologies and tears while all grasping and hugging each other. The poor staff at the restaurant must think we are positively mad. Maybe we are, but this is my family. The only people that could make me as pissed off or hurt as they did... my two best friends who have truly become the only family I know.

"Livy, we are so, so sorry that we handled things the way we did. We never meant for it to all play out that way. We know it's not an easy thing to talk about, let alone consider. Please, please forgive us.." Carri snubs as she shakes her head back and forth, pleading with me.

I chuckle for moment before pulling her to me, "There's nothing to forgive. It wasn't handled the best but you know I was never really mad at you. Shit... I can't afford to stay mad at you guys, otherwise I'd be up shit creek, right?" I laugh through the tears that are sliding down my face as Heather chuckles and takes hold of my arms wrapped around Carri.

"Yep. We're stuck with each other, babes. No one else in their right minds would put up with our crap," she nods in agreement.

"Well," I hear Harry clear his throat from behind me. Shit, I had forgotten he was here for a moment. He continues, "While I can appreciate the sentiment, I hope you know that's not entirely true anymore. I'd like to put up with your shit as long as you'll let me, if that's okay with you." He gives me a nervous smile and looks right into me with those soft green eyes.

"Alright, well if you two are quite finished making goo goo eyes at each other, I'm starving," Carri interrupts us before falling into a fit of giggles as she walks over to sit down beside Heather at the table.

The rest of the lunch goes smoothly. We all laugh and chat as if nothing happened. It makes me happy to see how easy Harry fits in with my friends. They treat him as though he's been around forever. Maybe this means that this could really work. He knows now. While I can see little traces of what I would normally fear is pity in his eyes, it doesn't feel the same as when I've gotten it from other people. It just feels like love.