Chapter 15

Harry's POV

Five.

That's how many times I've called Olivia since lunchtime. I would never admit to the amount of texts I've sent out to her over the last few hours.

She's fine. Of course she's fine. She's just busy.

But what if something's wrong? What if she's having second thoughts? What if I pushed her too far too fast and she's finally pulling away from me?

I've known that was an option this whole time, I just thought I could buy myself time until I showed her that it could be different with us.

"Harry..mate. You alright? I've been calling your name for five minutes," Louis says as he plops down beside me on the couch.

"Oh..right. Sorry. Get any writing done with Li?" I ask halfheartedly.

"A bit. Liam wound up having to leave just a while ago, though. Carri called him upset about something.."

I jolt upout of my seat. "Upset?! Did he say why? Is it Liv? Where are they?" I start flashing through every possible bad scenario in my head as my hand nervously rakes through my hair for the millionth time today. I'm surprised I still have any hair left after these last few hours.

"I'm not sure, Haz. He didn't say. Why? Have you not talked to Olivia? I thought you two had been pretty attached to each other since the other night." Louis looks at me, worry starting to creep over his face.

"We have.. It's just. It's nothing I'm sure. I've just not been able to reach her these last few hours. I assumed she was busy at work. She's missed a day or so... I'm sure she had a lot to catch up on," I ramble before taking a much needed deep breath. "But if Carri is upset, something could be wrong. I'm calling Liam." I have his number dialed before I even get the sentence out. Louis just nods in agreement and makes no move to leave the room. I see the concern in his eyes. He's always the one there during the tough moments. I couldn't ask for better mates.

Liam answers and I immediately here quiet sobs in the background. "Harry..hey man... now's really not a good time.."

I hear Carri speak over him, "That's Harry?? Let me talk to him!" He hands the phone to her. "Harry... are you with Livy? Is she okay?"

"I'm not. I can't get in touch with her. That's why I was calling you. What's going on, Care?" I ask as patiently as I can.

"She's upset..." Carri breaks off into sobs. "She's upset with me. And Heather.. but mostly me. I knew and I didn't tell her. But I didn't know how, Harry! She's so damn stubborn. You know how she is. You know I would never purposefully hurt her."

"I know that, Carri. You're her best friend. She knows that, too. Now just tell me what happened. Or at least where I can find her. Think really hard, okay?" Whatever this is can't be good. I can't imagine what could make Liv this upset at Carri.

I hear Carri try her best to stop crying. "Well, she isn't at home. I had Liam bring me here to check. I don't really know, Harry. She's not run off like this since.." she goes quiet. "Wait! The library! The really old one downtown. That's where she used to go when we first moved here. Try there... Let me know if you find her, please Harry?"

"Of course, Carri. I'm going now. I'll text you guys, okay? I just want to find her," I reply quickly before hanging up the phone."Alright, Louis. I'm going to find Liv. I'll see you later," I say, slapping him on the shoulder as I grab my jacket and head out thedoor.

"Go get her, Haz! Let me know she's alright, yeah?" I nod back at him before shutting the door and climbing into the Range Rover. I try my best not to break any traffic laws as I fly down the streets of LA.