Chapter 12

Olivia's POV

We make our way downstairs to see if the others are awake yet. As we near the bottom of the staircase, I hear Heather talking to who I'm assuming is her husband on the phone. I head over in her direction as Harry walks on through to the kitchen.

"Honey, I promise you I'm fine. I'll be home after work today....Alright...I love you, too, baby. See you soon."

I approach her as she ends the call on her iPhone. "Everything alright?"  I ask.

"Oh yeah. Harry actually texted him from my phone once we all got back here last night and my phone charged up a bit. He explained the situation to Eric. I just called to check in," she grins at me, "How are you feeling?" She proceeds to wiggle her perfectly shaped eyebrows at me.

"I feel a bit like I swallowed a cotton field and I'm pretty sure my head is literally splitting in two, but other than that I'm just dandy."

She slings her arm over my shoulder and winks at me, "I think being rescued by sex-on-a-stick boy bander last night might make that pain a bit more bearable, don't you think?"

"Sex-on-a-stick, huh?" I say laughing at her as we make our way towards the kitchen. I pause just before we reach the entryway. "Heather... he wants to take me on a date. Like a proper date."

"And?" she asks.

"And I don't date. You know that. I'll just fuck it up. He doesn't need that in his life"

"He's a grown man, Liv. Let him be the judge of what he can and cannot handle." She nudges my shoulder.

"That's actually almost exactly what he said."

"Great minds," she grins.

"I guess. Besides, it doesn't much seem like I have the strength to resist him," I grunt, rolling my eyes as Heather just laughs.

We join everyone in the kitchen and take seats beside Carri and Liam at the island counter as Harry places plates of food in front of us. He also fixes everyone but me a cup of coffee before turning around to the kettle on the stove and pouring a cup of tea, carefully measuring a bit of cream into the mug before giving it a stir and bringing it to the counter with him. He sets it in front of me as he slides into the seat to my right.

"You remembered how I take my tea? Hmm... you must like me, Styles," I sass at him before taking the first sip of my perfectly prepared beverage.

Harry smiles down at me. Then he takes me by surprise by leaning towards me and pecking me on the nose before whispering, "That I do, Tyler." Without thinking, I lean in and gently press my lips to his. Harry lifts his knuckles to run along my cheek before pulling his lips away from mine. We spend a moment just staring at each other before I snap out of it and shyly smile before digging into my breakfast.

We all have a good laugh as the boys fill us in on everything that went down last night. They certainly had their hands full with the three of us from the sound of it all.

Carri, still giggling beside Liam, raises her glass of OJ into the air, "A toast... To our knights in shining armour. Who'd have thought they would come in the form of a boy band."

Heather and I jump in to tease the boys before genuinely thanking them for everything they did last night. We spend a few more minutes in easy conversation before Heather's cab arrives. Harry doesn't let her leave without chastising her for not letting him just drive her home. She insists that she has a client coming in after lunch and that she needs to get to the office so she can get cleaned up. Before leaving, she kindly lets me and Carri know that she insists that we take the day off to recover. Liam and Harry can't  believe that she would do that, but me and Carri knew exactly what she's up to. We finally have interesting love lives to gossip with her about. She was in heaven.