Chapter 31 - The Morning Surprise

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter 31

---

The next day, I woke up to the sound of pots and pans banging in the kitchen. The sound was so intense and loud, it was as if whoever was in the kitchen was actually standing right beside my bed.

Seeing that it was impossible to go to sleep again, I grumpily left the bed, brushed my teeth, and stormed downstairs to give the person a piece of my mind. And it wasn't going to a piece of cake, I tell you.

"What in the name of God are you doing?" I asked.

Reece gave me a 'duh' look. "Oh, I'm just hunting elephants- What do you think I'm doing? I'm cooking."

"More like having a wrestling match with the pots," I muttered to which she shot me a look, "where's everyone else?"

"Damon's still sleeping, and your parents are out."

I turned in my chair to see Sarah walk in. She had a big smile on her face as she took a bite of her apple. How can morning people be so . . . morning-y?

"No, Damon woke up because of the racket in the kitchen. Seriously, Reece, ever since you came I haven't been able to sleep or more than four hours." Damon walked in with a groan and only sweatpants hanging low on his waist.

"Ew, go put a shirt on," Reece and I said simultaneously.

He ignored us and opened the refrigerator's door, chugging down orange juice from the carton. I twisted my face in disgust as some of it spilled on his chin.

"You're revolting, Damon. I was going to drink from that," Sarah said.

"You still can, what are you talking about?" He pretended to be clueless as he put it back in the fridge.

She narrowed her eyes at him before throwing her apple at his chest. Yet, he picked it up from the floor and took a bite.

"Guess, I'm not having breakfast at all," she said with a sarcastic smile, "I'm going for a run."

"So, what are your plans for today?" He asked as he leaned against the counter.

"Binge watching some tv show probably," I said, eating my Greek yogurt.

"Good, cancel your plans losers. We're going to have a Disney marathon," Reece said.

"Oh, come on, you were serious back then?" Damon asked.

"Of course, I was. Let's watch That's So Raven, all three movies of High School Musical, Wizards of Waverly Place-"

"Oh, and don't forget Suite Life on Deck," I said excitedly.

"Let's watch 'em all," Damon said as he walked to the cabinet under the sink.

"What are you doing?"

He didn't answer and opened it to reveal . . . heaven.

It was a cupboard of all types of candy—Sour Patch Kids, Sour Punk, Kit Kat, Pringles, Licorice, and more.