Chapter 16 - Awkward

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter 16

---

I leaned on the hood of my car next to Bex. We've been waiting for Damon to meet us in the school parking lot for 15 minutes now. Drake and I had just gotten out of bio, and we were the first to go outside. Then, Ryder and Bex came together, and Emma and Damon were supposed to come together. Emma said that he had to get something from his locker first before coming here, so she came alone.

I looked at my watch for the umpteenth time this hour and sighed impatiently. "What's taking him so lo-"

"I'm here! I came!" Damon jogged to us panting heavily.

"About damn time! Why'd you take so long?" Emma asked, eager to get to the fair already.

"I was taking care of something. Anyways, we can only take one car, so I'm going to be driving."

"Yeah . . . no. That's not happening. You're not going to be driving my car. I am," I said determinedly.

"But you have a smaller body, so you can go in the back."

"We're the same height!"

"Well, it's not my fault that you're as tall as Taylor Swift. And I was talking about space as in area. You're skinny, I'm muscular. It'll be uncomfortable for everyone if I went in the back."

"No-"

"Enough! We'll settle this by flipping a coin," Ryder interrupted our bickering.

I pulled out a coin from my pocket and handed it to him. "I call for tails."

He tossed the coin in the air and caught it before covering it with his hands.

"Looks like Damon's going to be driving," Ryder said, looking at the coin.

I groaned and stomped my feet childishly. Emma hopped in the passenger's seat since she called shotgun at the beginning. Ryder got in first, and I followed. After Drake and Bex also got in, we realized that it was too crowded.

"Looks like you're gonna have to sit on my lap, Foxy," Ryder said with a smirk.

"No, you perv. Why can't Bex sit on Drake's- Oh. Never mind." I stopped myself short when I remembered that Emma and Drake were dating.

"Fine. But if you just pull one wrong move, I will cut your balls off like sushi before feeding them off too you," I said threateningly.

He rolled his eyes. "Relax, I won't do anything wrong."

Reluctantly, I sat on the edge of his legs and leaned against the window. But the position was rather uncomfortable, seeing that I had to lean my body to the right, but manage not to fall of his legs at the same time, so, I made myself comfortable.

There were 5 more minutes left for the ride anyways.

True to his words, Ryder didn't attempt anything wrong the whole ride, and we got there in no time. I wasted no time in getting out of the car to stretch my stiff body. I groaned in relief as I felt the blood reach every part of my body when I stretched my arms widely.