Chapter Eight

A ray of sunshine targeted my right eyeball as its first, primary victim and it hit me with such intensity, it woke me up from a deep sleep I had lost myself in for what looked like a few hours. A glance at my watch signalled to me that I was in fact correct. It read 10:31am.

What surrounded me initially appeared so alien, but as soon as I rubbed the surface of my temples, everything became clear. I was situated on my couch, with a flimsy blanket wrapped around my leg. I wriggled away and slowly put both of my feet on the ground. I let out a small sigh, and as soon as I breathed in, I smelt a smell so strong, the sun that was beaming had as much intensity as a flashlight up against the stink I just allowed to enter my body. What the actual fuck? Just to be sure where this smell had escaped from, probably a huge cave, I retraced my actions. I let out a small sigh again, and breathed in and what do you know? The huge cave was apparently my mouth. Damn.

The speed I ran at could stand up against the Flash himself as I hurried to the bathroom just in case my mouth began to rot. I squeezed out almost the entire content of the toothpaste, which I had bought only recently, and shoved the toothbrush into my mouth and began brushing with no time to spare. The foam built up rather quickyl around my mouth, and I looked as though I had picked up a serious case of the rabies. I was so concentrated on getting rid of the stench which had crept into my mouth and slowly died that I didn't realise there was a presence behind me. I jumped and let out a little squeal when I turned around, although it really should've been Jackson that screamed considering the horrible sight of me!

His gaze instantly fell to his chest where a bubble of foam sat eagerly. Holy shit, I thought, I had just spat right at him! I stood there in silence, awaiting his angry shouting. But none of that occured. His hand moved forward a bit, and his palm was facing forward, as though it wanted something placed on top of it. Oh right!

I grabbed the towel behind me and situated it into his grasp. Whilst he wiped away the mixture of toothpaste and saliva, I turned to face the mirror and realised that the white in the foam brought out the crimson red in my cheeks. Damn it.

After I had finished my routine in the bathroom, I went into the kitchen and saw a beautiful spotless sink without any dirty dishes that had been rotting the night before. But yet, I was still reminded of the night before. It was nice, I must admit, to have shared a moment like that where Jackson and I weren't bickering, or pointing out each other's flaws, such as hitting one with a vehicle. It's magical the miracles food can perform between two people.

"What are you going to make me for breakfast, love?" I heard a voice behind me.

Turning, I could see Jackson against the fridge, with a crutch leaning on his other hand. A smirk painted on his face and his eyebrows elevated, I could sense that last night had unfortuantely sold him dreams.

"Excuse me?" I replied, "Am I your wife for you to say this to me?"

I shook my head, and let out a chuckle, laughing at his belief - did he actually think I would prepare him such extravagant meals constantly?

"Maybe you could hop into you car, and buy us a nice treat," Jackson suggested, opening the empty fridge where a tumbleweed escaped from.

I looked inside the cupboards and found that the shelves were as empty as my stomach. Maybe Jackson was right. Now...that was something I hated to admit. Nevertheless, I walked past him and stepped into my bedroom to find a comfortable outfit. A pair of blue jeans and a blue top which fell just where the trousers started seemed acceptable. After I changed into it, I grabbed my keys and shoved them into my front pocket where I also put my cash into.

"I'm leaving now!" I yelled (in order for Jackson to hear me loud enough) before I opened the door with my hand grasping onto the handle, "Don't touch anything or break anything!"

"Don't worry!" I heard him shout back and I just about heard the switching on of the television, which should entertain him whilst I shopped.

I was about to make my steps outside before I heard Jackson shout, "Oh and Alexa?"

"Yeah?"

"Make sure not to run over somebody!"

I slammed the door in annoyance. Urgh, screw you Jackson!