Chapter Four.

"When are your parents going to leave?" Jackson asked me whilst we were on our way to my house, his grey eyes peering at me over his sunglasses.

He had been released just two hours ago, and it was his father who carried out his suitcases into the trunk of my car, and also the passenger's seats too. I didn't expect anything less from him, it is Jackson we are talking about. Ralph Lauren, Hollister and Tommy Hilfiger would be just  some of the hundreds of brands he has forced into four suitcases.

"They're already gone." I replied.

My entire family had decided to take a trip to France. They had asked me once before if it was something which interested me, but I'd rather stay home alone than voluntarily spend time with a bunch of lunatic maniacs. But wait, I thought, I won't be alone this summer - yay. I just couldn't wait to fulfill the needy needs of the supremely entitled jerk of the high school, sorry I mean't jock. Actually, same thing. It will be just so much fun, I can already feel the party in my bones.

Note the sarcasm.

"So, how happy are you that you get to spend the holiday with me?" He suddenly blurted out, a sly smirk at his pouting lips.

I was so agitated.

"I just want to jump for joy!" I squealed, taking my right hand off of the wheel to fist pump the air. "I can't wait to waste my time on you!"

A serious face met mine, and I was glad he caught on quickly and didn't think I was actually being realistic. If he didn't understand my native tongue, then we'd be having serious problems. How can you even teach somebody sarcasm?

"You're just plain rude." Jackson stated like a genius.

"Wow, and you're like a detective or something." I replied, shrugging my shoulders in absolute disbelief, exaggerating the action.

"Girls would feel more than lucky if they heard I'd be spending the summer with them, and only them." And in came the mischievous, sneaky smile which slithered into the cracks of my nerves, irritating me more and more.

I scoffed and went to roll down the windows as I had realized how much sweat was forming on the surface of my forehead. In came a chill breeze, and I could feel the sensation of summer slowly tickling my bones. But then a feeling of utter dread and disappointment washed over me after Jackson burped out aloud, not even bothering to excuse himself. Who thought I'd be taking up a job as a nurse and a pig over the holidays? Seeing as I'm going to be having to take care of a pig!

"You have food at your house, right?" Jackson suddenly asked, nonchalently.

I nodded at him, and he let out a long breath of relief, "Thank God, that hospital food was absolutely disgusting," he remarked, imitating a gagging gesture.

Throughout the entire journey, we barely held an honestly decent conversation. Mostly, it'd consist of him insulting me whilst I just took the blows, not letting him know that he was playing with fire. Instead, I'd just give him my sarcastic look which I'm sure he had come accustomed to already, because each time that I do, he'd let out a smirk, his sly face reading 'I'm only teasing.' 

"We're here!" I squealed, almost a little too excitedly, a rather huge grin played on my relieved face as the pathway that the road engraved led directly to my house, somewhere I was more than happy to be going to.

The car stopped and my body jolted a little. Extracting the keys from ignition, I pushed open the door, and quickly ran to Jackson's side and pulled his open.

"Your mansion awaits, ma'dam." I joked, emphasizing the ma'dam, and his face instantly dropped. It was fun teasing him.

His eyes - now a light blue as the sun revealed its true colour - shot me daggers, and I ignored his threatening look as I continued to help him get out of his car. I should be getting a cookie or something for being such a civilized person, I thought. But in my case, I'll be the one baking cookies seeing as he can barely get out of a car without my help. I struggled to put his arms over my shoulders, but when his grasp was secured, I gently pulled him out. Alright, alright, I didn't gently pull him out. I could've maybe - just maybe -  vigurously tried to pull him out as if he was a quarter which was actually glued into the concrete.

"This is hopeless." Jackson stated, heaving out a huge puff. He was the wolf, and I, the itty little piggy.

But my house was made out of bricks. Literally. Anyway, I didn't give up. Removing the crutches from my way, I placed my arm over his, and pulled him out, this time in a much more delicate motion. He slid out perfectly and without hitting his head on the roof of the car which counted as a great achievement seeing as he was 6 foot tall and my car should really have "Pocket-Sized" in its title.

My body fit right under his, and his arm was strongly secured around my shoulders. For some reason, I felt weird as soon as his body was connected with mine. It was impossible to put my finger on this certain emotion; it was so mixed. All I really could figure out was that something had ignited in my stomach. Maybe it was because the tall, Goliath-like giant jock was now depending on that loner girl? Was it because his touch suddenly released rows of goosebumps to appear on my arms? No way, I quickly thought, shaking my head and retreating from the direction my stupid brain was heading to. It can't be. I'm probably just hungry.

Getting him into my house was a doddle compared to the struggle I was left to face. Who knew his suitcase could be so impossibly heavy? I came to the decision that he had also disassembled his entire wardrobe and stacked that into the suitcases too. I also came to the decision that Jackson purposely done this to annoy me too. What suitcase on this earth doesn't have wheels? I bet that Jackson asked some fancy people to produce 4 especially for him.

Making my way to the bathroom to wipe of all of the sweat from carrying those moutains inside, I carried the towl into the lounge. "Why the hell did you pack rocks?"

Jackson was exactly where I had left him. His left leg sprawled over the couch in a very alien kind of way, his broken one remained on the ground.

"What the hell are you talking about?" He questioned quickly, his face potraying an expression of pure confusion and one which obviously thought that I was crazy.

"Your damn suitcases!" I told him, my hand pointing to suitcases situated right behind me.

He took a look at them, and just as he did, one suitcase fell. Either he had the same effect on suitcases as he did with teenage girls, or that suitcase wasn't able to handle the content. Hm, I went with the second option.

"I had to haul those four continents over here!" I squealed, not even exaggerating the tinsiest bit. "You didn't have to take your whole house with you, I've got one already here, you know?"

He smiled a smirk with such mischevious demeanor and what he said next fuelled my anger to a high extent as he slowly said, "Who asked you to carry them?"