Chapter Five.

"I really do try sometimes, Jackson." I breathed, anger spilling down my lips as I reached down retrieving his clothes from the floor.

It was only the evening and he had already caused me to want to think about committing a form of crime. And things like theft was definitely not on my mind. More along the lines of things that'd put me into jail for life. Yes, murder. And irritating boys who liked to leave clothes on the floor were first on my list.

"Now would you please tell me why you've unpacked your clothes on the floor?" I continued, "Are you somehow allergic to wardrobes?"

I walked in to the room which I had assigned to be his for the meantime and as soon as I set eyes on him, I squealed. And not in the oh-my-god-Justin-Bieber's-concert-was-so-cool sort, but the why-the-hell-is-he-naked kind of way. Yes, you read that correctly. My cheeks flared in a bright crimson shade and my ears imitated the sound of a screaming, boiling kettle. Turning my body in one quick swift motion, I retreated back in to my own room, somewhere which I planned to spend the rest of eternity now. But something tripped me up along the way hence my cheek was forced to exchange a hand shake with the floor.

"Whilst you're down there, would you make yourself useful?" Jackson noted as he - with the help of his two crutches - walked slowly towards me.

My whole body felt as though it should be put into a vegetable court right amongst the tomatoes. How could he say such a thing? I thought. Impulsively, my body shot right up and I was just inches away from his face. Trying to distance myself away from him wasn't an option as he had cornered me right against the wall.

"How dare you ask for such a thing!" I expressed, crossing my arms across my chest in a firm and huffy-puffy manner.

"Alexa," He replied, a sense of confusion displayed on his face, "I was just going to ask you to pick up the shirt you tripped over."

Could I turn into a shade brighter and more embarrassed than this? I thought. No, was the answer. This was the brightest extent my body had ever reached amongst the red spectrum. If he hadn't had a towel wrapped around his hips, I would've exploded in a flame. I had never seen or even wanted to see a guy's fifth limb. I tried excusing myself out of the situation and so I pushed passed him, making sure to do it gently however, as I didn't want to hurt yet another limb, and if I hurt his fifth, I know he'd never forgive me for that!

"Wait, where are you going?" Jackson said, grabbing my arm simultaneously and as he did so, I bounced right back to where he had cornered me.

"To my room?" I replied ... Well asked actually, which I didn't know why I had because it was as if I was waiting for his permission.

"I'm going to take a shower," he then continued on to state, which was very pointless because unless he had adopted a new weird sense of style, I wasn't that stupid to realise why the only thing protecting him was a thick, white towel.

"Is that all, Captain Obvious?" I responded, a layer of sarcasm covering my words.

A menacing glare he sent my way and I dodged it. I couldn't care less what he was thinking unless he was thinking of keeping me in this corner for the entire day. In that case, I cared... A lot.

"I need you to help me." He told me and in such a way which indicated that I should've realised this myself.

Of course. He was broken. How was a broken person able to shower themselves? I questioned myself. But how in the hell am I supposed to help him? Another question shot to mind. Unless he puts on the shower cap on his ... You know what. Oh no! That plan is going to backfire, I was quickly reminded, because I'm going to have to use that myself afterwards! And no way am I going to put my hair into what he put around his hair. And not the hair which grows above his face. Yuck!

He must've caught on that I was contemplating whether I should help him or not because he uttered, "I can't do this myself."

He said it in a silent whisper and I could sense him fighting against his dominant alpha side. He was the most popular jock in the high school and he never had trouble taking care of himself, both physically and mentally. Nobody wanted to mess with Jackson, and if anybody dared to make that foolish mistake, he knew exactly how to put them back into the fearful cave they tried to escape from. So I understood why it was hard for him to admit defeat and give in to weakness. I must admit, a little piece of me felt sympathy for him.

"How are we going to do this?" I found myself saying and I knew this was something I'd immediately regret, but at that moment, I had no other choice.

And so, I walked into the bathroom to set up his toiletries which I situated beside mine. I placed his shower gel and both bottles of shampoo and conditioner on a metallic shelf. I could hear two crutches approaching me and when I looked behind, I saw Jackson waiting for me.

"All right, so just press this if you want the water to flow," I voiced quickly before I made for the escape.

But I found no luck in my mission to quickly make my way out as he blocked the door.

"You're not going anywhere," he responded and when he did, I let out a long, defeated sigh.

"What do you even need me for?" I questioned, my arms falling into a cross, matching my irritated mood.

"Just do as I say," he demanded with a firm voice, which I didn't take too well.

He was in my house, and yet he seemed to think that he was the boss? Despite how much my face showed the anger which buzzed through my veins, he didn't pay any attention. He placed both of his crutches on top of the toilet seat, and he then he grabbed the sink for assistance as he slowly walked to the bath. One leg aimed to go inside the bath-tub however, he slipped. Swiftly, a hand gripped onto my shoulder and I could see a smirk weaving through Jackson's lips.

"Woah," he breathed, "That was a close one."

His arm remained around my shoulders and I could feel my status rising. He was depending on me. It brought me back to the scene involving the car. Despite how weird it made me feel though, I wouldn't want the roles to change. I couldn't place my finger on the reason why, but somehow, I was warming up the situation of taking care of Jackson. Wait. A. Second. Did my mind actually think that very thought? Oh no, no, no. Snap out of it, Alexa!

"Now Alexa," Jackson said very slowly, which I was glad he did as he quickly interrupted my idiotic thoughts.

How could I actually think taking care of Jackson would be a pleasure? I didn't. I shouldn't. And hence, I passed my attention onto Jackson, whom was ready to tell me something. I raised my eyebrows, a welcoming gesture which meant that I was listening to what he wanted to say.

"I'm going to have to take off my towel."

My face beamed yet again, and just when I thought the red colour had been tamed. God damn it! For as long as he is in this house, I am forever going to be a tomato. And with that melancholic realistion which drowned my bliss to the very core of the ocean, I pretended to that it didn't phase me. So what if I had an almost naked, partially disabled guy in my bath tub whom was ready to strip bare? Just act as if this is the norm to you, Alexa, I silently told myself. I wouldn't be able to live it down if he noticed my actions and came to a conclusion that...my cherry was still happily unpopped. It wasn't the fact that I was embarrassed which bothered me, but the teasing jokes he'd throw my way if he finally find out.

"Do it." I replied, a stern expression covering the unprepared and very embarrassed layer which remained underneath.

My sudden bluntness must've surprised him too as his eyes widened slightly. Nevertheless, I strived forward with my strong and unphaseable domineer which was very high as I had already began to make up words! Jackson was in the bath tub and his hands were directly placed on the shower railing. However, they slipped down. I kept my domineer. And on to his waist. I kept my domineer. Wrapped around the fabric of the towel. I kept my domineer. And slowly yet intricately, he began to unwrap.

I lost my domineer.