Chapter 22 - Evil Eyes

Jerome and Joy arrived to the house, after several days at the hospital. Doctors determined, at last, she was back to who she was before, and she was in a perfect state to continue with her life. Everyone was waiting for them, excited, and happy to have Joy back. They walked through the door and into the living room to find a surprise.

Everyone: Welcome back!

There were posters, balloons, food, and of course, everyone surrounding Joy. She looked at everything, at every detail, and smiled. She was happy to be back, and she loved the surprise.

Joy: Thank you so much, I missed you all.

Patricia: We missed you, I’m glad you’re back.

Jerome wanted to talk to Eddie about the message he sent him earlier. He looked for him in the room, he wasn’t there. He looked for him in his room, he wasn’t there either. He came across Patricia, and asked her about it.

Jerome: Where’s Eddie, Patricia?

Patricia: I heard he went out, don’t know what for at all.

Emily: Looking for someone?

Jerome was taken by surprise, he didn’t know Emily was listening, or even there.

Jerome: Yeah, Eddie.

Emily: I saw him some moments ago. He was going upstairs to look for Nina, I think.

Jerome: Well, thank you, I’d look for him.

Jerome was about to go upstairs when Joy saw him in the hallway and came to talk to him, in private.

Joy: Jerome.

Jerome turned over to her. She was smiling. He missed that smile.

Jerome: Yes?

Joy: Thank you, for everything. I don’t know what I’d have done without you, I could even be dead and…

Jerome: Don’t say that, okay? You’re okay now, and we’re together. It’s all that matters.

They shared a small kiss before Patricia came up to look for her.

Patricia: Sorry to interrupt, but there’s a party with your name on it.

Joy: Coming?

Jerome looked at her, then looked back to the stairs.

Jerome: I’m coming in a minute, alright?

Joy nodded and hugged him. She noticed then, Nina wasn’t in the living room with the rest, nor Eddie.

Joy: Patty, have you seen Nina or Eddie?

Patricia: I really don’t know, and I’m getting worried. I’ve called him 3 times already and he won’t reply. Do you think they’re in trouble?

Joy: I’m hoping they’re in a safe place.

Patricia: What do you mean?

Joy: You know, Senkhara. Nina had to tell us everything or part of it, to Jerome and I, for our own safety.

Patricia: So, it was her the one that attacked you?

Joy: They think that, I have flashbacks, but I can never see that face. I’m trying my hardest.

Patricia: Don’t worry, it would come with the time.

Joy: I hope it comes before it’s too late.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Jerome knocked on Nina’s room, no one replied. He came inside, and no one was in there. Nina had left her phone.

Jerome: And Eddie won’t answer, great.