"Aw, i'm sorry." I waved it away.

"It's not a big deal. The past is the past." I said. I finished my food and we were about to leave but Shawn had forgotten to get food for him.

"Let me go get something. Can you start my moms car?" He handed me the keys and walked outside. 

'Fuck its cold,' I got to the car and opened the door. One of Shawns sweaters was there. I grabbed it and put it on. 

I got into his jeep after and waited for him. A few seconds later, he pounded on the window of the car scaring the shit out of me.

"What the fuck Mendes?" I say opening the window.

"What." He says laughing. "Oh I scared the shit out of you." He bent over holding his stomach. 

"It wasn't funny you scared me shit less," I said rolling my eyes.

"Oh come on learn to laugh a little..... Wait is that my sweater?" He said. I grinned.

"Actually it's my sweater," I smiled at him and he just shook his head. "Oh come on Mendes. Learn to laugh a little." I mimicked him.

"Fine, follow me back home. Don't get lost." I nodded and waited for him to get into his car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well that was a long ride back." I told him once we were back on his driveway.

"I bet. Isn't it funner with Nash?" He asked.

"Way funner." I said with a laugh. 

"Wanna come in?" He said pointing at his house.

"Nah, I have stuff to do." I said.

"Like?" He raised his eyebrow.

"I still have to unpack my clothes and all my bathroom stuff and put shit in my closet and ugh my room is a mess right now."

"I'll help you," He said. 

"Nah it's ok."

"If you need me holler my name." He said walking towards his door.

"Ok," I walked away and went to my front door.

A few seconds later I got a message from him.

From: Muffin

Did you get home fine? 

To Muffin💕

Yeah

From: Muffin💕

Whats so funny?????

To: Muffin💕

I'm right across the street

From: Muffin💕

Shut up

To: Muffin💕

Byyyeeee

I walk to my closet and open all the boxes that still needed unpacking. 

A few minutes later I heard a plop and a groan. I walk out from my closet and see James sprawled out on my bed.

"What are you doing?" I said.

"Whose 'Muffin'?" He said looking down at my phone. I walked towards him and grabbed it from his hands.

"First off don't touch my phone. Second he's our neighbor." I said looking down to see he had facetimed me.

"Wait.... are you settling?" I pretended to gag.

"Hell no." 

"Then whats with the name?" 

"He put himself in as that. Oh my fucking god mind your damn business." I said throwing a pillow at him.

"Ok jeez. And mom wanted me to tell you that you start school on Tuesday." He smiled at me and walked out.

I sat on my bed.

Tuesday.

Thats when my hell begins again.

I grab my phone and facetime Shawn back.

"Well you finally decide to call back," He says when he picks up.

"Believe it or not. I actually had things to get done. And not lay around doing nothing."

"Pff, who said I was doing nothing?" He said

"Ok then what were you doing?" 

"Umm, writing music." 

"Cool, can I hear something?" 

"Sexual or nah?"

"Hmmm, sexual."

"You sure? It's not going to be awkward?" 

"Well you saying that is going to make it awkward but i'll just pretend you didn't say that so, let's hear it." 

I rustling on the other end of the line and then a buzz sound. Then a electric guitar, but it didn't just come from the phone.

"Shawn I can hear that all the way from over here turn it down. Jeez no wonder your neighbors moved out." I said.

"Can you really?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Oh here tell me when." 

"Thats fine," he nodded and began playing the guitar.

"Damn you look so good with your clothes on." I smiled. "And i'm not trynna come off to strong. But you know that I can't...." He stopped for a second.

"Well?" I said.

"Ok thats the thing I havn't actually finished the song."

"Ok just sing what you have already."

"I wanna love you with the lights on. Keep you up all night long. Darling I wanna see every inch off you I get lost in the way you move." He paused again and looked down at a notebook. "Your skins so perfect up against me..... And I never wanna leave this, cuz' theres so much left to see."

"Woah someone was horny." I said laughing.

"Nah, I was just thinking of you." He grinned.

"That was honestly smooth as fuck." I said.

"Haha," he laughed.

"So are you going to school Monday?"

"Yeah, has your mom told you anything yet?" 

"My brother did. I start Tuesday." I sighed.

"Why's that a bad thing?" 

"Umm nothing. I just hate school."

"I kind of miss it." He said.

"What? Have you not been going to school?" I asked.

"Actually no. But thats a story for another time." He said.

"Hmm.... Well I have to go. Im hungry again."  He rolled his eyes.

"Why are girls always hungry?" He mumbled.

"What ever Mendes," I hand up and not even five seconds later her messages me.

From: Muffin💕

Hey I wasn't done talking to you.

To: Muffin💕

Yeah well i was, i gtg bye

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
REMINDER HE'S SEVENTEEN IN THIS STORY