Chapter Eleven

"What are you doing here?" Cassie repeated when they were seated.

"I--" Ella and Ansela said simultaneously.

Ella eyed Ansela while Ansela pursed her lips as if she just tasted something bitter.

"Cassie...." They did it again.

This time they glared at each other. Cassie sighed with a smile playing on her lips. What a night today was turning out to be.

"You go first." Ansela flicked her wrist in resignation.

"No,you go first." Ella mimicked her gesture.

"I insist that you go first." Ansela said with a hint of anger in her voice.

"I insist."

"I insist."

"Miss Milestone,since you are closer to Cassie than I am,I think you should have the first talk."

"Miss Odukoya, I suggest you go first."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

Cassie's gaze swung from Ella to Ansela as they argued endlessly. The banter went on for about thirty minuted until Cassie thought that her ears would explode from the endless banter. When she had enough she decided to step in.

"I in--"

"Guys." Cassie said,but they didn't hear her. She got on her feet,blocked her ear and screamed. "Enough already!"

Cassie opened her eyes and found them staring at her as if she was crazy. At least she got their attention so she won't mind the look they were giving her.

"Good." Cassie smiled at them." I will get us lemonade so we can cool of,in the meantime I want you to make sure you get along." They started to protest but Cassie shook her head so they kept quite. "For my sake? Josie is my friend and so are you Ella. I will be right back."

Ansela waited until Cassie was out of sight before facing Ella. "I am Josephine Odukoya, a friend of Cassie. I don't want to fight okay? I want to help Cassie in any way I can because I can clearly see that she's not happy. So since we'll be seeing a lot of each other,I think we need to get along,for Cassie's sake. And if you don't like me,just tell me and I'll leave."

"I am sorry about my behaviour earlier," Ella turned so they were sitting face to face."it's just that I find it hard to believe that Cassie has a friend I don't know of. We have been friends from high school and we stuck together without a third person,so I think my behavior earlier was justified. But either way I apologize."

"I understand."

Ella chewed on her bottom lip as she debated in her mind if she should tell Ansela about her reason for being here. Two heads are better than one,that's what they say isn't it? But what if she tells Cassie about it? She wouldn't, after all she said she wanted to help Cassie.

"Huh... Josie.." She licked her bottom lip. "You said you want to help Cassie,didn't you?"

"I do." Ansela was considering telling Ella about her mission here,but she didn't trust Ella not to rat her out to Cassie,that would end everything before it even started.

"Do you promise to help me and not tell Cassie about it?"

"I promise." Ansela held up her pinky finger. "Pinky promise."

"You promised me." Ella opened her bag and brought out a white office file. "I shouldn't trust you, I just met you and I don't even know you. Don't you think that I a--"