Chapter Twenty-Eight

Kaden accepted the plastic cup of coffee Skylar offered him as she slid into the empty space beside him. He would have thanked her on a normal day but right now,he couldn't bring himself to.

Cassie's betrayal shocked and rocked him to the core. He had been thinking that he would keep her as his and was even planning to introduce her to his parents and all this while she had been plotting his downfall. Which meant that everything she did from the beginning was part of her plan. Seducing him until he fell into bed with her,while she carried out her evil plans.

He had doubted that she could do it,until they arrived at the pent house. Every of Cassie's things were gone. Her dress,bags shoes,everything was all gone.

They had gone to her downtown house,it was locked and empty too. Their neighbour's said that her mother had left since last night and had not return since. A trip to Ella's place and working place confirmed his suspicions.

Cassie had vanished into the thin air without a trace. The police had asked that all cars be searched and all the people who were at the airport be searched thoroughly. Because not only was she a suspect,but now she was a murderer. When they went back to the hospital,they found one of the security guards dead beside the dumpster.

Cassie was a criminal on the run.

Kaden called the bank to freeze her account but was informed that she had withdrawn all the money in her account. This only made him more angry and hurt.

How could she do this to him? Even if she was angry with him, couldn't she have hurt only him instead? Why did she have to involve his family in this?

Maybe she didn't realise it yet,but she had just made the biggest mistake of her life by attacking his family,most especially Annie. Kaden would see that she's brought to justice. He would make sure that she see the inside of a prison yard and never return. He would make sure that he ruin her life and destroy her until she had nothing left.

"Oh my ghee,Kade,you just hurt yourself." Skylar exclaimed from beside him.

"Don't call me that." Kaden stared down at his hand to see that he had crushed the plastic cup,thereby spilling hot coffee all over his body and arm. He was surprised that he didn't feel the pain. He tossed the crushed cup into the nearest bin basket.

"Does it hurt?" Skylar gently probed the back of his hand.

"I'm fine." He shrugged her off.

"William's here." She announced.

Kaden got to his feet when William and his parents stopped in front of him looking worried and angry.

"What happened?" Steven questioned him,his jaw working furiously.

"We found who Annie's attacker is." Skylar supplied.

"Where's the bastard?" William thundered,looking more angry than Kaden had ever seen him. "I'll kill him first."

"It's a she." Skylar said again.

"You mean a woman did that to my Annie?" Arabella gasped.

"Yes." Kaden swallowed as his gaze met William's. "It's Cassie."

All the anger melted away from William's face. The anger was replaced by confusion.

"Cassie?" William shook his head. "She wouldn't do such a thing."

"I thought so at first but it's out there in the open." Kaden raked his fingers through his hair. "The evidence is there. Not only did she kill a man, she also absconded with the only evidence to catch Annie's attacker."