Chapter Ten

Ella wound her scarf more tightly around her neck as she stepped out of cake 'n' coffee. The weather was a bit cool since it was late February and in Philly the weather is always cooler from December to march. Her shift just ended just now and since she closed around eleven o' clock,she'd have to walk home because the bus, that goes to the deeper part of the downtown,closed around ten.

The streets looked quite and empty. Only call girls and some guys stood on the side walk,smoking and drinking some liquor. Keeping her head down,Ella hurried down the streets wary of the people on the side walk.

After doing a lot of thinking,she decided that she would go to Cassie tomorrow and try to talk her out of selling the flower shop. Ella knew how much Cassie loved her father before and after he died. She also knew that Cassie felt that the flower shop is the only way to remember and keep her father's memory close. Ella felt as if she had betrayed her friend by nagging just like her mother did to her.

And that Mckade man made it worse.

Ella sighed in relief when the building where she lived came into view. She stayed late than usual today because the place was really packed,which was rare on a Sunday.

Just as Ella almost got to her building,a tall man dressed in dark suit stepped into her path so suddenly that she almost bumped into him. Fear gripped her as the man with dark eyes and full buzz cut,stared down at her with a blank face.

"Good evening miss Milestone."

Even his voice sounds dangerous. Ella thought. "Do I know you?"

"No. But you have to come with me." He grabbed her arm.

"Let go." Ella tried,unsuccessfully, to snatch her arm away. "Let go you brute or-or-- or I'll scream bloody murder."

"Go ahead skittish mare."

"Who are you calling a skittish mare?" Ella stopped struggling to narrow her eyes at him.

"You." He tried to pull her forward,but Ella dug in her heels.

Ella knew that he would drag her away if she let her guard down. So she thought about screaming so that he would let her go. If she's lucky.

"Let go now." She tried again.

"Go on and scream."

Ella smirked before closing her eyes. Her mouth dropped open to let out a scream that would make any banshee proud,she did scream. Only that he slapped a palm over her mouth to muffle it. Ella bit down hard on the palm. The man let her go with a curse,Ella saw her chance to escape but another man blocked her path.

Ella knew that she was in deep trouble so she did what she thought would be appropriate, she lifted her knee to aim for the man's crotch. She missed her goal when he shifted to the side so her knee connected with his inner thigh. The man groaned as he grabbed her hands to pin them behind her. Ella began to thrash about and shout for help.

"Calm down, it's Kaden Mckade." The man holding her murmured in her ear,but Ella was still trying to get free so she didn't hear him.

"Let go you jackass." Ella screamed. "Let go."

"Miss Milestone." Kaden shook her." Ella its Kaden Mckade."

"Let g-- huh,wait a minute." Ella stopped fighting. "Did you just say Kaden Mckade the manwhore?"

"I am not a manwhore thank you." Kaden hissed in her ear. "Will you not bolt or attack me in the groin if I let you go?"

"I won't."