Chapter Four

As Tessa wakes from her slumber. She felt a sudden urge for thirst, she groans as she place her hand on her forehead from the pounding headache. She wasn't fully aware of her surroundings, but she couldn't get over the dryness in her mouth that was in need of water and the hunger that was settling in her stomach. As she open her eyes and became aware of her surroundings, she noticed something different, her vision was much clearer than before. She seen carpenter ants excavate tiny bits of wood that look like course sawdust. she sat up from the hard surface and seen she was resting in a human-like bird nest. The twigs were carefully, but neatly twisted around each other and there were green vines wrapped into between the twigs securing the nest. There were yellow-red dahlias flowers giving the nest the finishing look. Tessa love that the nest felt like home and it was extremely comfortable. She knew, she couldn't stay at the nest if she wanted to know, but she wonder how did she end up in the woods into a nest. Tessa rose to her feet in a slow manner.

Her body ached from the position, she was currently sleeping at. Although, the nest was comfortable the space was a bit small for her size and she knows, she's a wild sleeper. She imagine herself trying to move in the small space which was probably the cause of the aching in her body. She stretched her legs a bit before continuing to what was she doing in the woods. She didn't feel scared nor she didn't felt the need to panic. She walks out the nest and observe her surroundings. She was in need of water and food, but she was in need to find her way out the woods as well.

She walked a few feet away from the nest and she heard a branch break from a distance. She didn't see anything due to lack of sunlight, although the lack of light didn't bother her vision.

She grew worry about the changes of her vision, why could she see everything much clearer, like why could she see little bugs climbing up on trees and plants from a far. This wasn't normal, she thought to herself.

Soon, she will soon wake from this beautiful dream and return back to reality. She dreads at the thought of waking up. As of now, she will forget about reality and explore around. She gracefully walked through the woods in search of food and water. She heard the sound of water flowing from a distance, she grew excited at thought of having the cold water flowing down her throat to quench her thirst. She followed the sound of the flowing water. As she heads to her destination, she notice that the woods seems to be empty of life. Maple trees were everywhere almost like they were trying to engulf Tessa form. The bark is light gray with varied smooth and flaky patterns. The bark was engraved with weird carving, the tree was embedded with three large claw marks that could of been from a bear. The were words underneath the wolf-like human man, but the words were in a different language. Tessa had chills going down her spine looking at the wolf-man that was carved into the tree, it was like the creature was staring into her soul knowing her deepest and darkest secrets. She glanced away and kept on her journey. She seen other trees like that as well, she felt creep out by the wolf-man and the same claw marks that was carved into the trees. What a weird dream, she thought to herself.

A few minutes of Tessa being distracted, she reached her destination and she was truly mesmerized by the beauty of the waterfall. The overflow of white water plunging into the clear blue-green waterfall pool was such a beautiful sight. Tessa wanted to take a dip into the water but decided against it, since she wasn't a good swimmer and she was thirsty as well. Tessa didn't get to close to the body of water afraid, she will fall in and drown.

"Drowning will be a terrible way to die." She spoke out loud to herself. She kneel down to scope the water using her left-hand, instead of being able to welcome the cold water into her mouth to satisfy her thirst. She was interrupted by a authoritative male voice "I wouldn't drink that, if I were you." The water flowed between the gap of her fingers like a waterfall, the coolness of the water leaving behind her empty hand. The hairs on Tessa neck arise at the sound of the male, she slowly rise from her position on the uneven surface and turned. She smelt the most ironic and divine smell flowing in the air around her. She never smelt such thing and she wanted a taste of it. "Do you smell that?" She grins and took another waft of the divine substance. She felt satisfied with the smell, but she knew, she was going to be satisfied when she fed her hunger. Her mouth grew watery at the thought of her feeding. She made eye contact with the purple-eyed man and smiled showing all her pearly-white teeth.