Chapter 11- Silver Lining

Start from the beginning

"2-" He counted.

"3!" I barely said it before Spencer pushed off against the wall before me. "Hey! Cheater!" I shout as I slide down after him. I landed, letting my two feet hitting the ground. Spencer looks at me, smiling and shaking his head. "You little cheater. I'm going to get you for that." I promise him.

"I'd like to see you try!" He counters, sticking my tongue at him. I tilt my head to the side, accepting the challenge. After taking off our gear and handing it off to the next people, we walked to the nearest food booth so Spencer could buy cotton candy. We made to the end of the park watching some people in the batting cages nearby.

Spencer and I watched the batting people, but two in particular caught our attention. One was an old lady, about in her sixties, missing every ball, she was way off! A chubby guy in the next cage swinging the bat as if his life depended on it, but missed. It was funny seeing him get frustrated and cursing.

I look up to the dark sky, locating scattered stars spread out, and then it hit me. One little snow flake on the tip of my nose and then another on my cheek! I gasp, smiling to the sky as I start to see the little flurries in the sky. "It's snowing!" I squeal, to Spencer, pulling at his arm like a child for him to look up.

"No it's not," he said in disbelief, looking up himself.

"Yes it is- look one just stuck to my jacket!" I point to the small white fluff on my black pea-coat. Then it started to come down in light flurries. I jump up and down like a two year old, smiling as the snow fell. Finally! I can't believe it's snowing! I love snow it's so beautiful.

"You like snow?" Spencer asks looking at me with a perfect smile on his face.

"I love snow!" I giggled spinning around with the snow flakes.

"You look like a child," Spencer said, laughing at me.

"Yeah, what are you going to do about it?" I teased bravely. Still spinning blindly, I knock into him, losing my balance a little. He caught me and held me by the waist.

"Whoa, easy there klutz," he chuckles.

I smile wildly up at him, jumping up and down in his hold. Suddenly, I realize that I'm standing extremely close to him; so I stop jumping, still smiling at him as he smiles back. And like I always dreamt it would be, he kissed me. Right there, under the first amazing, wonderful, beautiful snowfall of the year. His warm lips covered my cold ones, his warm strong arms around me.

His kiss- our kiss- erupted butterflies in my stomach, my heart racing in my chest, making me feel happy, and -yes I'm going to use the word- tingly in the inside. I felt more alive, feeling an electric current washing through me. He parts his lips and rests his forehead on mind. A smile spreads on my face matching his. Yes, a perfect, small and simple moment that I can't complain about.

Asher's POV

"Blue 90, Hail-marry 49- 49! Set... HUT!"

And there goes the damn fumble! "Fuck!" I grumbled, hoping coach didn't hear me.

Tonight we're sucking ass in a horrible bad term. We've been off our game since the start of the first quarter. We're twenty-one against thirty-five, two touchdowns behind, and coach won't put me in the damn game!

"Get your head in the game, Roberts!" I shouted to Dylan as he whacked his helmet with his hands, aggravated with himself, which he should be. It was a perfect throw.