Chapter 10: Tears and Miracles

Bethany had sunk back into the living room couch, going through what happened again.

"Do you have them yet?" Isaac asked.

"You must be patient, HomelessGoomba," Toast said, "These things can take a whi-," her eyes widened, "Son of Venturiantale, I got it!"

"What?" Johnny cried, "It can take hours to locate something like this. That took no more than fifteen minutes! How?"

"I-it has to be a faster connection," Toast stuttered, "For some reason, the Zero world has a better internet connection than us." As she looked further into the coordinates, her brow furrowed, "Huh."

"What is it?" Cierra asked.

Toast tilted her head, "I- I think Casket is in North Vermont." She zoomed in on the hologram, "He's in some forest in the middle of nowhere. What on earth is he doing there with Venturian? Why would Jimmy use an area where it's so difficult to access people?"

Ghost was just as confused as his partner, "Yeah. It doesn't seem much like him. I would've thought he'd try to blend into a big city and go on rampages every now and again."

"Could it be a faulty signal or something?" Bethany suggested.

Johnny shook his head, "No. This type of tracking has nothing to do with signals or cell phones. This finds that specific person through genes and stuff like that. A lot like a search engine on those computer thingies you guys use to contact and control worlds. Nothing can be used to deflect or block it."

Isaac didn't fully trust Ghost. From the role plays he somehow remembered, Ghost was the one who always caused trouble. HomelessGoomba got out of his seat, coming face to face with the paranormal investigator. Isaac was the one person in the room who was taller than Ghost and he used that to his advantage, "You are absolutely certain there is no possible way this could be a distraction or something that would take us farther from my brother?"

HomelessGoomba had become a dominant force over the past months, only making his height and size more intimidating for the paranormal investigator, "Yes." Johnny stuttered, giving a shallow nod.

He observed Ghost from top to bottom, looking for any sign that something, anything, might go wrong. Isaac looked Ghost in the eye. It was painful to look into those eyes. When Isaac first saw Ghost walking through the door, a fiery rage filled his gut. It didn't occur to him that this wasn't his brother. He stomped past everyone except Johnny. HomelessGoomba came towards his supposed brother, ready to punch him in the jaw for everything he had done. His sisters calmed him down before he did anything but, HomelessGoomba wouldn't have been able to stop himself if they didn't. If it wasn't for their explanation, followed by Toast's gender bent appearance, he would not be willing to believe anything that was going on. Isaac brought himself back to reality, remembering why he came to face Johnny. He gave Ghost a sharp glare, "If anything goes wrong," HomelessGoomba threatened, grabbing Ghost's wrist, "It's on you."

The paranormal investigator let out an unsteady breath. He couldn't blame him. How could Isaac trust him? He was made as an unreliable and arrogant character in Gmod. Why would he be any different here? Ghost gave a firm nod, "Understood," he said turning the grip into the handshake, "You have my word. All the money's on me," Ghost turned to Cierra, "You drive?"

"Yeah. I'll get the keys." ImmortalKyodai jumped off the couch to get them.

Bethany started to get off the couch and seat herself into the wheelchair, "What can I do to help?" she asked. Ghost, Toast, and Isaac went quiet. Almost nervous. When Cierra came back into the room, she fell into the same tongue-tied silence, "What?" P.I.E. and her two siblings began to break eye contact with her, one by one. The ginger looked down at her legs. She lifted one of them up, "It's this, isn't it?" BethanyFrye asked. The question was unnecessary. She knew.