"It's too much effort to go home with you Georgie, only to have be back here at 8 in the morning." (K)

"She does love her sleep, 'member George?" (F)

"Yeah, guess I was forgetting that." (G)

I watch as his eyes lose a bit of the twinkle that they always have and I decide to throw caution, and the rules, out the window. I know that Dumbledore will probably find out about this somehow, but I don't really care about that right now.

"Coud you.....well would you like to spend the night with me here?" (K)

"I would love too, but won't you get in trouble?" (G)

"Eh George, since when has troubled stopped any of us. Stay with her tonight and Lee and I will see you in the morning." (F)

I smile at Fred's smirk as he looks at his twin. He knows that he doesn't have to put that much effort into persuading George into staying with me. I see George's face turn red a bit, but as he turns towards me he smiles with the sparkle returning into his eyes. I look at the clock and see that it's a bit past eight now, and Madame Pomfrey should be letting us in now.

"Come on boys, let's go see your brother, shall we?" (K)

I take George's hand into mine as we walk up to the hospital wing. Ginny, Harry, and Hermione are already surrounding Ron. I watch as the twins pale a bit seeing him laying there, but as I sniff his scent I can tell that the poison is leaving his system, even if it's taking a bit of time. We walk up and sit down in other seats around Ron, as I squeeze George's hand in my own. I can smell his worry in his scent and I can only hope to alleviate him of it a bit.

"So, all in all, not one of Ron's better birthdays?" (F)

"This isn't how we imagined handing over our present." (G)

"Yeah, when we pictured the scene, he was conscious." (F)

"There we were in Hogsmeade, waiting to surprise him-" (G)

"You were in Hogsmeade?" (Gin)

"We were thinking of buying Zonko's, a Hosgmeade branch you, you know, but a fat lot of good it'll do us if you lot aren't allowed out at weekends to buy our stuff anymore....plus George was hoping to spend the rest of the day with Kat. Nevermind all that now though." (F)

I see Ginny nod at Fred before shooting a sly grin at me. I know she's waiting for us to announce plans to 'tie the knot,' especially since I told her that we were engaged for a brief time last year. No doubt that was what she thought George had come to do, though thinking back on his insistence to come today I'm wondering if she knows something I don't. The sound of George's voice, wrenched with worry snaps my attention back into the conversation at hand, with the thoughts of another engagement pushed aside.

"Blimey, it was lucky you thought of a bezoar." (G)

"Lucky there was one in the room." (H)

I listen as the conversation carries on, with Slughorn thought to be a Death Eater trying to poison Harry. Or Voldemort trying to kill Slughorn. If they only they knew the truth as I do, thanks to Dumbledore. It's Malfoy, and I know that Harry thinks he is up to something and that Snape is helping him. It's a shame that Snape won't allow him to know the truth, but I suppose the hatred he had for Harry's dad never did go away.

What makes it worse is that I know the end is near for Dumbledore. He told me a year, and after being included in the discussions between him and Snape since that day in the hospital wing, it'll happen before the end of the school year. I've asked Snape if there wasn't another way, but each time he only sneers or turns away from me.

Neither response upsets me anymore though, because with my enhanced senses I can catch the look of utmost remorse, pain, and suffering pass through his eyes. He's ready for this to be all over, even if it does cost him his life, as long as it saves Harry's. He's a very brave wizard, and a very brave man.

I hear the hospital door open and Hagrid walks in, I know Madame Pomfrey will not want more than six of us in here at a time. So, I guess now is as good a time as any to go see Dumbledore. I kiss George on the cheek, telling him I'll be back in a few minutes, before I head up to see Dumbledore.

Hello dears! Happy Monday! Just wanted to say thank you for all the support for this series thus far. Over the weekend, 'I Solemnly Swear' was on the top 1000 reading list for teen fiction. Briefly of course, as in half a day, but I never would have thought it would close to that. So thank you for all the support for Katherine's and George's story. Have a wonderful week beautiful people!
      -Love always,
                               Jane