Ch 60: The Night Terror Myth

Start from the beginning

"...but axel was his friend right?"

"Axel is only half. have you ever wondered why he likes to set thing on fire?"

I shook my head.

"its his night terror side lola. they would set their victims on fire after torturing them because it was what they were born from. they were nothing  but mindless beasts who ran on instincts and killed everything that moved in the worst way they could..." Karma paused far away sort of look on his face, "it was truly the most horrifying thing you could imagine. but eventually other demons learned how to evade them for the most part...they running strictly on bloodlust never evolved in such a way so they started to kill each other."

"...and half of Axel is that."

"yeah."

"but half of him isnt."

"sometimes bloodlust had some regular lust too. one half of him is always trying to kill the other, its painful for him lola, mentally and sometimes even physically."

I did my best to sort this out in my head, hugging my fluffy, "no one killed him though, if he was dangerous."

"He's the last bit of his kind, people tried and still do lola. when he was young there wouldn't have been any prominent incubi features on him. not even a scent, its a defense mechanism of our young as to not be captured at a young age for what we are to be. but we always hold charm. so demons would try to kill him, be enhanced by him even as a child, then killed by him. he's one of the best of our kind, talented as hell. smart as fuck. And he just so happens to be the most dangerous incubi alive, most of our kind look up to him, but they are also terrified of him."

"I see..."

"the air here is toxic, it brings out our worst. For Axel, it strengthens his night terror side. his temper worsens and his control slips. its why leviathan liked him. birds of a feather and all...literally."

"...okay."

"Lola. is he was in the mortal realm he never would have done that to you but you cannot apply the same reasoning you would use in a normal relationship to him."

"...i can't?"

"no. axel isn't sick. he doesn't have a disorder that makes him lash out like some mortals get. He isn't a drunk sadist who likes to hurt woman, nor is he a man who would abuse you to feel better about himself. He was born from evil. from pure darkness nothing triggered it, it isn't a chemical in his brain. its his very essence."

"but shouldn't that mean I shouldn't-"

"Its ingrained in his soul lola and he fights that every day for you. hell he's even trying to fight his incubus side right now."

"huh?"

He snorted, "Lola. his night terror side probably considers you prey or a maybe even a chewtoy thats misbehaving by ignoring him and that part  of him probably wants to punish you for it. which is fucked up and is why he's very consciously fighting that. his incubi side..I can pretty much guarantee its driving his mind to seduce you, to take you on every surface he can and taste your energy, even if he has to manipulate your mind to do it. but has he?"

"..no."

"No. Lola. the man is so in love with you his fighting both sides of his nature in some desperate hope that if he does you will forgive him."

I just looked at the stone beneath our feet, memorizing the cracks as we walked into a wide room. "..how am I supposed to know that though?"

"you weren't lola, how could you possibly have known? but I think you should know exactly why he's like that and what he's doing right now for you. you don't have to forgive him if you don't want to. but you should at least know why this happened."

I nodded once, looking up at him, "when did you get so serious?"

He grinned at me, "when I got bored of both of you moping. this is the throne room by the way cool right?"

I nodded, looking around, "this is a good place to think."

he rose a brow, "i guess."

Walking away from him I stepped up to a huge chair made of what looked a little like bones metal and...well darkness. 

"uh lola...thats Leviathans throne."

I nodded, sitting in it.

Karmas jaw dropped.

"You said my chocolate cake is made from the burnt cookies evilness. if I sit here maybe i will understand."

"sweetness...thats not how this works...Leviathan will flip if he finds out you sat in his chair."

I ignored him, wiggling a bit. "Caramel."

"yeah?"

"how did the devils food leave if this is supposed to be a prison? and how come an entire race of pure murdery evilness failed to kill him?"

He started to respond. then he stopped, brows furrowing, "...I have no idea."

"Because...That fucking lunatic liked it, and the underworld isn't a prison. its a playpen."

We both turned to look at Axel as he slowly walked into the room.

His violet eyes slowly trailed over me before turning to Karma, "it was supposed to be a prison but Leviathan is was most powerful angel in existence before his fall. it was a matter of time before he figured out how to get out, he's probably known for a while. plus he let the night terrors roam freely for fun. they were never a threat to him."

Karma just blinked.

Axel glared, "leave. you ran your mouth and let her fucking do stupid shit like sit on leviathans chair. so before I fucking kill you, beat it."

Karma was gone in seconds.

and I was left alone with axel...again.

He sighed heavily, "...I don't have time to talk through a stuffed animal today rainbow. so get off the chair before your scent gets too strong on it. I don't wanna have to enter a battle of certain death with the devil to protect you."

I blinked at him, "....you would do that? die fighting with the burnt cookie to keep me safe?"

scoffing he looked at me with slight distain, "of course I would, what kind of bullshit are you asking?"

I just stared at him for a second, surprised.

Then I hopped off the chair, "i'm hungry."

"and?"

"...can we go to that place at the icky markets at get some food?"

it was his turn to stare, "...sure. yeah. if you want to we can go there."

I beamed at him, "You're paying because I'm broke."

he just snorted, gesturing me to follow as he left the room, tail swishing lightly.