Respect Is Earned Not Given

Start from the beginning

"Get to work." He said.

King groaned then walked back to the stove. I giggled and went to the drive thru window.

I had no idea what I was doing.

"Press the button on your head set. Then say hello may I take your order." A short girl said coming up to me.

"Umm. What?"

"It's not that hard. Press the button then say hello."

I did as told and held down a button.

"Uh, hello? May I take your order."

"I need 4 Big Macs with 4 large fries."

I laughed and typed in her order on the screen.

"What's funny?" She asked.

"All that food. Even though I can't see your face. I'm pretty sure your fat." I said while laughing.

I didn't hear anything. "Hello?"

All of a sudden the car pulled up at the window.

"Now what was that shit you was talking?" I looked closely at the chick and noticed it was King's so called girlfriend Noel.

"Oh I'm sorry-"

"I don't know you like that. But I've seen you around school. Say something slick like that again and I will drag your ass down the hallway."

This is your first day on the job Mo. Cool down. Don't pull her ass through the window and hurt her.

I cleared my throat. "Would you like anything else?"
*

*

*

King

"Stupid ass fake food." I said flipping a patty over on the stove. I felt like Sponge Bob flipping burgers and shit.

The time was 10 pm. It was time for me to get off. I yanked my apron off then walked to the front.

"Come on Mo." I said taking the McDonald's cap off.

"Already? I like it here." She pouted.

I pulled my keys out my pocket.

"You two did good for your first time being here. See y'all tomorrow at 4." Mr. Mac waved us goodbye.

We got into my car. I started it up and pulled out of the parking lot.

My phone buzzed in my back pocket. I slowly pressed on the brakes as I came to a red light. I pulled my phone out and looked at it.

Pops: make those runs tonight boy.
10:07 pm

"Green light." Mo said.

I looked up and the light was green. I stepped on the gas. While looking at the road and then at my phone I texted my dad back.