Ch 23: Closure - Arrival

He'd been here before; he remembered the smoke, the fire, the blood, the bodies. He saw the horrified expressions on his friends and family; and he knew that soon he would see him again. Sure enough, he was standing on top of the ruins, but something was different. Instead of sadistic laughter, he only stared at him with hate-filled optics. He raised a clawed finger and pointed it at him.

"Soon."

~*~*~

Braedey Martin shot out of bed, holding his head as he shook uncontrollably. He took a deep breath, trying to figure out what the dream meant.

'What was that?' Braedey wondered, 'I haven't had a dream that bad in almost two years; what did it mean?'

Braedey was shaken out of his thoughts by a noise from the other side of the bed.

"Ugh, Braedey?" Kara Kent looked up at him sleepily. "What's going on? Are you all right?"

Braedey nodded. "Yeah, Kara, just a bad dream."

Kara shook her head to clear it. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Braedey lay back down next to her, where she put her head on his shoulder. "It was like the nightmares from before, but something's changed. I don't know, maybe it's nothing."

Kara frowned. "I don't think you would have woken up like that if it was nothing."

Braedey sighed. "I just don't know; maybe..."

"Maybe what?"

"Ugh, I'm too tired to think about it now; how about in the morning?"

He could feel Kara nod her head against his shoulder. "Okay, Braedey, in the morning. Now go back to sleep, okay?"

Braedey kissed the top of Kara's head. "Okay; I love you."

"Love you, too." Kara mumbled, as she fell asleep.

Braedey tried to follow suit, but it would take a long time, his mind still focused on his dream. What did it mean?

~*~*~
London, Several Hours Later

"Come on!" Wonder Woman shouted, as she herded the civilians away from the roaring fire. "It's just a little further to safety!"

The civilians tried to follow the Amazon's directions, but part of the roof began to collapse from the damage from the fire. Fortunately, they were saved when Supergirl caught the burning debris and held it up. Using her super-breath, she blew out some of the blaze that blocked the path.

"Grimlock!" she shouted, "Hurry up, this fire is going to get worse soon!"

Grimlock looked up; he'd been running from spot to spot, holding up crumbling walls to support the burning building.

"I'm on it!" he slapped the Transformatrix dial and disappeared in a flash of blue light. In his place stood a 25ft tall red Autobot, with components of a firetruck around his form; a ladder on his back, a fireman's hat as part of the helm, the front grille and windshield on the chest and abdomen, a firehose on the left arm, wheels on the shoulders and the ankles, and an orange visor over the blue optics. The Transformatrix symbol was displayed on his chest in the centre of the grille.