The Beta walks up towards the line of humans, his arms crossed in front of his chest. He paces back and forth in front of us for a moment and even I can feel the anger and power that he gives off. Finally, he stops walking and glares at all of us.

"Eight of my pack members are dead," he states, his face hard as a rock. "I sincerely hope, for all of your sakes, that none of you had anything to do with this plot. If any of you know anything about the Resistance or about which members planned and executed this attack, you will tell me."

He stares at us all for another moment. Suddenly, he walks forward, coming face to face with a man in the line. About ten people separate me and Landon from him.

"What do you know about the Resistance?" the Beta asks him, cocking his head to the side, almost like a confused puppy. He looks a thousand times more vicious, however.

"N-nothing," the man stutters out.

"Wrong answer," is all the Beta says.

I can't see the man very well from where I am, but I can hear the screams from the humans around him. The Beta takes a step backwards and I see a human heart in his bloody hand. The Beta drops the organ and steps over the body that is now on the ground.

"Dispose of this," the Beta orders, moving on to glare at a woman who is standing next to the now dead man.

Two werewolves rush forward and drag the body away. I close my eyes in fear; I don't want that to happen to anyone else.

"What do you know about the Resistance?" the Beta asks the woman the same question as before. "Don't think that I won't kill a female," he adds when she is silent for a few seconds.

"I... I've h-heard that they were planning a b-big attack, b-but I don't know if this was i-it," she says, stumbling over her words in fear.

"Is that so?" the Beta asks. He stares at the woman for a moment more before moving on to another man. "What about you? What do you know?"

"I have heard rumors that the Resistance has already managed to get several members out of the human compound and that they are attempting to get even more," the man says. He hides any fear from his voice and I am stunned by the confidence with which he speaks. "I also heard that some attacks are supposed to be distractions for a much larger one, as well as more escapes."

The Beta nods, but he doesn't look very surprised, almost like he already knows that information. He takes several steps back, so he can see every human in the line.

"The Alpha Commander is on his way here as we speak. All of you will be formally interviewed by either I or him. You will tell us everything you know about the Resistance and you will explain to us every detail of your day today, specifically the events leading up to and during the attack. You will tell the truth. You will tell us everything you know. You will not leave any detail out. If you do, the Alpha Commander will kill you without hesitation."

I feel the mood around me shift. A formal interview? I had never heard of this happening before. The humans around me whisper unintelligible things to each other, clearly also confused.

"Silence," the Beta commands, and we comply out of fear. "If any of you are a member of the Resistance, we will kill everyone you have ever cared about before we kill you. And trust me when I say that it will not be a quick death."

I gulp in fear. I worry that they will figure out who I am and know about how my brother and father disappeared. There is no doubt in my mind that they will kill me because of who I am related to.

Before I can think more about my surely impending death, a blacked out SUV flies around a corner. Because of the tinted windows, we have no idea who is in the car. Based on the Beta's unconcerned face, however, I can tell that he knows exactly who it is. I think a see a glimmer of worry in the Beta's dark eyes for a moment, but it is gone before I can be sure of what I saw.