"Skylar, you are anorexic and we found have dignosed you with depression. We think your medicine for your bipolar disorder should be increased so we have increased it. You will be out of here by this afternoon if you tell us why you have so many bruises all over your body,'' Dr. Brown said in serious tone as he was thinking maybe her dad was abusing her.

"I got in a fight on my way home the other day, that is how I got the bruises,'' Skylar said seeing that her arms were bandaged up but she didn't understand why they were.

Skyar decided not to talk anymore so they wanted to keep her in over night but her dad said no to that, he let her get dressed whilst he signed the discharge pages. She wore her black skinny jeans and her black top with a huge red heart on the front of it. She grabbed her black jumper that had a red superman symbol, she put the hood on before walking out to where Skye was waiting for her. The three of them walked to the car, her dad wanted to keep her at his house for the rest of the week but Skylar's mum said no to that. He dropped Skylar off at her mum's house, she walked into the house with tears running down her cheeks, she went straight to her room since her mum and Trent were having sex in their bedroom. Skylar layed on her queen sized bed, she quickly drifted off to sleep. 

She was woken to another beating this time from Trent, her mum wasn't home but she thought of that as a good thing. She was screaming in pain as he punched and kicked her over and over again. She felt blood coming from everywhere, someone was pulling Trent off her. She saw it was a policeman who had come to save her, she thought of him now as her hero.  

When she final got seen to she wasn't left alone, the policeman she now knew as Ryan stayed with her holding her hand, the doctor who saw her was doctor Brown again.

"Skylar, how did you get this bruises and cuts?" asked Dr. Brownn in his serious tone once again.

"You have to tell the truth this time Skylar,'' Ryan the policeman said kindly, letting her know if she did she would be protecting herself, he held her hand knowing Skylar needed to feel like she wasn't alone.

"These bruises and cuts are from my mum's boyfriend Trent but the other ones are from my mum and Trent both,'' Skylar said with tears running down her face.

Skylar was put in a foster home, she met her new foster parents who were Sarah and Todd Ryan. Skylar met the five other children in Sarah and Todd's care, there was Demi who was 16 years old then there was Damien who was 6 years old with a very bad temper, there was Kobi who was 4 years old then there was Sophia who was super shy but a very pretty little blonde girl, the final child was Sarah and Todd's little baby boy Felix. Sarah showed Skylar to her room which was a big room with purple walls and a queen sized bed with a flat sceen television in it. She felt so lucky she threw her bag on the floor and flopped down onto the bed falling asleep quickly as she layed there.

The next morning Skylar carefully got up from her new queen sized bed, she dashed to the shower to take a nice long hot shower for once. As the water touched her skin it made her body feel as though it was burning, she stood there thinking over and over again about what had happened that night.

She got to school on time, she met Skye at the gate. Skye tried to give Skylar a bear hug but Skylar just pushed her off, but when Katrina ran up to Skylar and bear hugged her not knowing that it was going to hurt her, but Skylar ignored the pain. She was just happy to be in the arms of her best friend. They walked into the school where Austin walked up to Skylar, Skye and Katrina with this hot, gorgeous guy by his side, he had emo/scene styled hair and the look like she did which suited her, she had black hair also with amazing sky blue eyes where he had nice light green eyes that had a trace of yellow in the green. She stared into his eyes and he stared into hers.

"Skylar, this is Bailey Kingston, he is in year 10, he is 16,'' Austin said seeing the look between Bailey and Skylar.

"Bailey, this is Skylar Taylor, she is in year 10, she is 15,'' said Austin introducing them to each other but they were still so lost in each others eyes.

"Hi Skylar, it is nice to meet you,'' nervously Bailey said as he smiled at Skylar.

"Hey Bailey, it is nice to meet you too,'' said Skylar smiling at him not noticing Skye staring at her seeing there was sparks flying.

Skye, Katrina, Skylar and Bailey were all in  the same homegroup, they talked as they walked to their homegroup, Bailey had English with Skylar straight after homegroup. Bailey sat next to Skylar seeing that some of the other students in the home group were calling her "emo", there was this guy that kept picking on Skylar and his name was Nick, he thought he was being so funny.

"Your an emo slut," shouted Nick in Skylar's face, Skylar stared at him her eyes had this hurt that filled them.

"You fuckin' idoit, she isn't an emo slut that is what you are and if you call her that again i will kick your head in,'' Bailey angrily shouted at Nick, he pulled Skylar into his arm to hug her knowing that she probably just wanted to cry and cry.

Nick backed right away, Bailey held Skylar tightly in his arms waiting for her to cry but she didn't. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder as they walked towards their english classroom, she felt so safe when he had his arms around her, she didn't know what this was like until she had been in his arms. As they walked into the classroom she moved to the back right corner of the room where that double table was, they sat there together talking to each other about all different kinds of things not worrying about doing their work like they should have been.

At lunch Bailey and Skylar went up to the music room, he used one of the guitars there to play on. He looked at Skylar as if she was an angel from heaven as she stood there watching him play the guitar.

"Skylar, I want to hear you sing so can you sing something for me, beautiful?'' Bailey asked pleading with Skylar to sing for him, she couldn't help but let him get his way.

Skylar decided to sing a song she knew really well it was a song that was playing over and over in her head the last couple of weeks. She closed her eyes and started singing the song, she grabbed a guitar to play along to what she was already singing.