24

*one week later*

normally sitting in math class is really boring. but today i was really on edge. my stomach kept grumbling, i felt hot and cold at the same time, and i felt like i was going to fall over if i stood up out of dizziness. i grabbed my phone out of my pocket when the teacher turned away and quickly texted Josh.

Tyjo: i don't feel so good..

i didn't have to wait too long before he texted back.

Jish: do you feel like you're gonna get sick? or are you just nervous?

Tyjo: i don't have anything to be nervous about at the moment. i just feel like i'm gonna throw up.

Jish: okay since we have about 5 minutes left of class, do you want to meet at your locker and we can get us both excused? do you think you can last that long?

Tyjo: i hope so, thank you Josh, see you in a few.

those 5 minutes were the longest 5 minutes i've ever had to go through. everyone talking and trying to focus on one conversation made my headache worse. when class was finally over, i stumbled my way to my locker to find Josh already there, looking more on edge than i am.

"you okay?" he asks as i open my locker, "i have no idea Josh. i feel like i'm gonna throw up and then i feel so dizzy that i'm going to fall over,"

he put his arm around my shoulder and lead me over to the office where a lady was sitting at the front desk. she looked up, "hello, what can i help you with?"

"Tyler isn't feeling too well, is it okay if i take him home?"

"Joseph?" i nodded and she clicked on the computer while i signed us out.

"hope you feel better Tyler," she said with a small wave and i smiled back, "thank you."

we left the office and got in Josh's car as he drove back to his house, but as soon as he was parked, i ran out the door and into his house. i quickly ran to the bathroom, closed the door behind me, and threw up in the toilet. i've been sick before and it's not the best, but this was worse. my head was pounding, worse than a migraine, and when i opened my eyes to look at the contents of my stomach, i yelled out.

Josh came bursting through the door, "what? what's going on?"

i pointed a shaky finger to the toilet and he noticed. blood.

"um..." was all he said, trying to think of possible, simple answers. but he couldn't.

"what's going on!" i shouted and he shushed me as he crouched down next to me. my chest felt tight, like someone was stretching my skin far and wide, and i couldn't breathe. my chest hurt so badly. Josh quickly picked me up and carried me bridal style back to his bed. even though it wasn't that far, i couldn't walk on my own two legs. they wouldn't work. everything felt numb.

i was laid down and just stared up at the ceiling, shocked from what just happened. blood? why? why not just regular flu?

"i'm going to go get a bucket for you in case you throw up again," Josh said as he opened his bedroom door, "are you staying with me?" i asked and he nodded, "of course."

he grabbed a bucket and put it next to me, but i didn't throw up again. not once. i had the feeling to but nothing happened. instead, the weakness stayed and i grew more tired at 3:00, "something is going on Ty,"

"what should we do?" i asked, my voice hoarse.

"can i take you to the hospital?"

i nodded and he helped me up along with my coat before we went down to his car and drove to the hospital. the front lady greeted us as we checked in and sat in the waiting room chairs, Josh had his arm around my shoulders. the doctor came out to the waiting room to take us back to a room.

i sat on the bed and laid down with a sigh. the doctor talked while he took my finger and put it in the pulse machine after checking my heart rate, "hello Tyler, how's it going?"

i groaned and he chuckled a tiny bit, "so would you like to explain to me what is going on?"

"i'm not feeling too well,"

"is this a sick not feeling too well?"

"i've never felt this way before. my chest hurts, it's hard for me to breathe, and my voice is hoarse, if you couldn't already tell."

"anything else?"

"i threw up blood."

"blood? how much?"

"how much would you consider a lot?"

"i think you'd know,"

"then a lot."

he walked over to the computer and typed in a few things, "have you been sleeping a lot recently?"

i nodded when he looked over and typed in some more, "i noticed when they weighed you, you were down quite a bit. i think i might know what is going on, but i might think you need a CT Scan to make sure, if that's okay with you?"

i nodded again and he spoke into the microphone on his shirt. he started to unlock the bed so it could be rolled down the hall, "i don't know if you can help me with this last thing, but i have nightmares and they just kept coming back. and they would come true. but now they're gone,"

"hmm, many people have Deja Vu moments and don't realize it, do you think it's that?"

"no, i think it's worse than that. it would involve people i love and something would cause me to wake up in the middle of the night and be afraid to fall back asleep. the more recent one was of me dying. then that's when the dreams stopped but all this started instead."

he nodded and the other nurse walked in at the same time, "i can try to see what we can do but i don't think we can do much, sorry."

i nodded as they moved the bed through the curtain and down the hall as Josh followed behind. we made it to the door of the CT room and they stopped, "you will have to wait out here."

Josh nodded and gently grabbed my hand and i looked up at him. he smiled softly and i felt tears welling in my eyes. he crouched down so he was eye level with me and whispered, "what's wrong?"

"i'm scared," i whispered back as a tear fell and landed on the pillow.

"i'm right here. i may not be in the room with you, but i'm right outside the door."

i nodded slowly as he gave me a kiss on my forehead. they rolled the bed into the room and the last thing i saw was Josh crouched on the floor, staring at me, before the door closed and separated us.