2

the whole drive to school made me think about everything last night. i constantly think about it and smile my god-damn smile every time. Josh and i don't go out. we aren't even friends. but when everyone found out i was out of the closet, he was suddenly all about me. it was like his interest in hooking up with me was the Jimmy John's slogan: "freaky fast".

at school, we don't talk. ever. we might make eye contact in the halls, but nothing more. we can't. we don't hang out, we only send each other a quick text before he's at my house having sex with me. no one knows, or at least i don't think they know, and no one is going to know.

i pull into an empty parking space and turn off my car as i stuff my phone and keys in my pockets. grabbing my books and heading inside after locking my car, i head straight to my locker.

now, i don't have many friends, except for two. or three. actually 4. they technically aren't all my friends, they're just friends of friends. my two main friends are Patrick and Hayley. Patrick has been my friend since 5th grade when he moved here from Chicago, and when i decided to go to public school. Hayley became our friend after her group of girls ditched her after finding out she was lesbian in 8th grade. it sucked.

Patrick has been dating Pete for quite some time while Hayley is single, but she likes a girl named Lynn Gunn. we also have Gee, or Gerard to everyone else, who's been here for about 2 years because Pete brought him. he has a crush on his neighbor, Frank, who doesn't go to our school because he's homeschooled like i used to be. so yes, myself, 'Trick, Hayley, Pete and Gee is where the five come from. friends of friends.

so when i put my stuff in my locker and i close my door, i see one of those five heading my way. Patrick waves and smiles as i wave back slightly.

"how's your morning going?" he asks and i shrug.

"it's going," i sigh, "same with you?"

"yep, the same,"

we stood there quietly as i studied his hat. he wears fedoras a lot. personalities? if i could describe him in one word? either shy or calm while Pete is loud and tough. complete opposites. Gee is a troublemaker, that's all i've gotta say, while Hayley is more of a 'life of the party' girl and is very smart. she cares about her grades while Gee just sees them as letters.

me? i'm just an outcast. no one notices me and i'm cool with being invisible, it's fun at times. and if i was dating Josh, we'd be a part of that complete opposite group from him being a jock and popular. his best friend is Brendon. damn is he a dick. he thinks he knows everything behind that 5 story tall forehead. he's a jerk, and is gay, but i'm definitely not interested. i'm surprised he's dating Dallon, one of the smartest guys in school, but also one of the most popular, with Josh being the king out of all us peasants. man do i just want to come in and crush that village-

"Tyler?" Patrick says as he grabs my attention with a snap of his fingers in front of my face. i shook my head and i was back, "What were you thinking about?"

"nothing, really," i said as i rubbed the back of my neck. he nodded as he squinted his eyes.

"well i'm gonna let you go, we have class soon," he said as he pointed his thumb over his shoulder in the other direction. i nodded, "see you later,"

i turned around and walked away. that was close.