16

i now had wide eyes, "what?"

he nodded sadly and didn't meet my eyes when i stepped closer. i placed my hand on his shoulder and he looked up at me with his teary-eyes as one small drop slowly slid down his face.

"my dad did this?" i asked quietly. he nodded, "Brendon pushed me around today too..everyone knows about us, Ty. people aren't fully accepting this yet-"

"well they need to, because it's legal here in the U. S. and its not going to change."

"people can't change their minds with the snap of a finger," he said, demonstrating with snapping his finger.

i sighed heavily, "Josh, i don't want to see you hurt-"

"i'm strong and i'm tough. yeah it hurts and i'm sore, but it'll go away. i'm going back to school tomorrow."

"no, you're not-"

"Tyler!"

"Josh, i said no."

"you're not my mom,"

"too bad. i said you're staying home, and if i see you trying to sneak out tomorrow and go to school, i'm having them send you back home and i'll pick you up. you. are. not. going."

he clenched his jaw as i moved my hand into his and dragged him over to the bathroom, "cmon, let's get you cleaned up."

///

Josh sat on the countertop of his bathroom as i took hydrogen peroxide with a cotton ball to his forehead. he hissed in pain and tried to swat my hand away, but i didn't flinch, "sorry babe, but you did the same to me, now it's your turn,"

"yeah whatever," he pouted angrily.

i removed it off his forehead and tilted my head slightly to look in his eyes. he stared back as i sighed, "do you want my help?"

"no."

i threw the cotton ball in the trash and put the peroxide in the cupboard just in time to turn around and see Josh jump down, "are you mad?"

"yeah."

"why?"

"i just want to be left alone but you just want to keep helping me but i don't want help from anyone. i just want to lay down or take a shower and go to bed and go to school tomorrow-"

i cut him off with a small kiss placed on his lips. he returned it quickly before i pulled away. i looked him in the eyes before looking down at our hands that were clasped together. i swung one arm as i stared at it, "you know, i could help you with that shower problem."

i looked back up and he smirked as he hurried me over to the shower in the corner of the big room. i smiled with a small laugh at his excitement. he quickly ripped off my shirt and pants as he did the same with himself, and jumped into the shower with happiness. i got in after him and closed the frosted glass door behind me as we were now trapped in a small, hexagon-shaped space with myself and Josh.

i turned on the faucet and felt the water until it was right and the 2 shower heads sprayed the warm water. i looked at Josh's face. he looked like he does when he plays his drums for 3 hours: sweaty and glossy. i looked at his tattoo sleeve and noticed a new addition to it right before his armpit. then i looked, of course, at his abs. i love it when we make out and i get to run my fingers down them. i had a smile on my face when i looked down at my stomach, expecting to see abs of my own, which i did a little, but quickly frowned when i saw my scars.

the scabs have healed but left white lines going across where my abs should be. i felt a finger under my chin that lifted it up to meet my eyes with his. my smile returned. he kissed me softly on the lips and i didn't dare pull away until he did. we moved so we were both under the shower head when he hissed in pain and hit the wall. i pulled away but kept my hands on his face as he looked down and ran a wet hand through his hair. i followed his gaze as i saw red water flowing down the drain. blood.

"are you sure you're okay?" i asked and he nodded, "as long as you're with me, i'm more than okay."

i smiled as i leaned in again to give him a quick kiss, "now, instead of wasting water, let's actually get this shower over with."