31; the key to keeping secrets

Start from the beginning

Usually it was the other way around; he was the one being suggestive & she was the one brushing it off because "the idiot couple who sneaks off are always the first to die." Now suddenly Rachel's the one down for whatever & he's the one trying to get her to tell him what's wrong. If she wasn't in such a distraught state of mind searching for any way to distract herself from her horrific reality, she would probably find it sweet.

"If something's bothering you, you can tell me. I care about you, Rae. Whatever it is, it can't be that bad— even if it is, you'll get through it. You survived Jackson Whittemore in the form of a human sized Godzilla, and then you spent three months sharing an apartment with him. Not even Danny can tolerate him for more than twenty four consecutive hours, I'm pretty sure you can make it through anything."

"I also survived five years on the road with Derek & Laura, Peter's homicidal psychotic rampage, Gerard's homicidal psychotic rampage, Lydia drugging me with wolfsbane, an alpha pack, a dark druid, hiding under Stiles' bed— which, by the way, I think something died under there, & a demon attack." Her smile faded. "But this is worse. Trust me, you don't want to know."

"Yeah, I do want to know. I want to know everything about you, the good and the bad; your favourite colour, your favourite dinosaur— and don't say Godzilla, the day of the week that you hate the most, what you want to be when you graduate, your favourite song, the last time you cried from something not in relation to Pretty Little Liars, all of your near-death experiences, I want to know."

Her smile was back. "Purple, velociraptor, Sunday, alive, Ready by WiDE AWAKE, when I went to your house while you were in jail & saw the scratches on the freezer downstairs, listing all the times I've almost died would take until next Tuesday. There, now you know me."

"And what you are." Isaac added. "No matter how bad you think it is, it doesn't change anything."

Once again, Rachel's smile faded. "It's not that I think anyone will look at me differently, even though I know they will. It's that saying it out loud makes it real— and I want more than anything for it not to be real, because sooner or later it's going to result in a lot of bad things happening." I'm going to die. Lots of other people are going to die. Every river in Beacon Hills is going to run red with the blood of innocent people & there's nothing I can do to stop it. Thinking about it was a bad idea. "Please, even if it's only for tonight, can you just forget about it?"

There was a moment of hesitation before he reluctantly nodded. Isaac had no intentions of actually forgetting it, but for her sake he would pretend as though he did— it was the least he could do, given all that had gone on recently. They deserved to have one night away from all the supernatural bullshit & just be teenagers; ordinary, human teenagers.

"So.. are you going to just stand there looking lost or are you gonna kiss me before my buzzkill brother shows up & crashes.." her sentence was left unfinished as he kissed her, his hands going to her waist only to be moved down by hers a moment later.

She never got tired of the feeling she got in her chest whenever they kissed, the way her heart would flutter. Anyone who described it as the feeling you get right before going over the big drop on a rollercoaster wasn't lying; she felt weightless, and it was one of the best things she'd ever felt. It was already hot in the loft, and the feeling of his hands on her body only made her feel hotter.

Her hands tangled in his hair as he pulled away from her lips, only to move down & start leaving kisses along her neck. Problems officially forgotten. She thought as she tilted her head to the side, a faint growl sounding in the back of her throat.