Speaking of the Past

Louis made us some tea and coffee, while we sat by the fire.

"Nice weather right?" Niall chuckled.

"Just like home." I trembled covering my face, why did I say that. I buried my face into my knees, here comes the tears. Did the boys even know I was coming here? To live with them? Louis set the cups down on a small table and came to comfort me. When I looked up all five guys were staring at me with their beautiful eyes.

"You okay Maddie?" Zayn asked, he was sweet. I wanted to cry even more, because nothing was okay. I dropped out of high school junior year, because I couldn't take it. I didn't want to go to a foster home, my aunt and uncle didn't want me, my brothers ditched me. So no, nothing was okay anymore.

I looked at Zayn, "Yeah. I guess."

Harry smiled sadly at me, "Maddie it's okay, you can talk to us." His breath was warm, I started to feel the heat warm up my cheeks.I looked at all the boys. I looked at Louis, I remembered him. I felt like I was obligated to tell them why I was here, but then again, I don't want to relive my worst nightmare.

"You don't have to explain yourself to us love." Louis whispered. But I wanted to, so I took a deep breath and told them what happened. I started with how I was just downstairs waiting for dinner when I heard unfamiliar footsteps. I tried to keep myself together as I explained what happened after I heard the first gunshot. I couldn't even look at them as I was talking. I finally looked up when I heard someone sniffling.

"Please don't cry Lou." I stated brushing a tear from his face. "It's over now."

"Sweetheart, of course we'll cry. Something bad happened to you not even a year ago. I would be terrified of just getting on a plane to live with strangers. But you managed to pull yourself together and do it. That's bravery. And please don't hesitate to talk to any of us." Louis smiled through sniffles.

After a comfortable silence sitting by the fire we grew hungry, the boys ordered a pizza that was delivered to the house within an hour. I told them that I was going to take a quick shower to calm myself down.

"Uh... anyone want to help me turn this on?" I stated right outside the bathroom, Liam came and helped me, "Thanks."

"No problem, and I am sorry Maddie." He hugged me and left.

Hunter please don't- he lifted the gun to his head and pulled the trigger.

Someone knocked on the door. I screamed coming out of my thoughts.

"Maddie! I need to pee," nearly falling over. "Maddie? You okay?" I heard the British voice, but which one was it? I grabbed the towel and quickly wrapped it around me and unlocked the door, "Hi Maddie." Harry was standing outside the door eying me.

"Hello Curly! I am going to call you that now because you have lots of curls and I think curls are cute." I rambled, he just smiled a toothy grin before he ran into the bathroom, he eyed me one more time before closing the door. Boy brains. I changed into a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt.

"Hiya love!" Louis said setting the pizza on the table.

"Hi Louis!" I smiled and slid onto a seat by Zayn and him. Niall was eying the pizza in front of him,

"Niall wait for Harry!" Liam scolded as Niall was reaching for a piece. I started to laugh, he looked like a sad puppy who wanted food.

"I'm coming hold on!" Harry stated zipping up his pants and came and sat across from me. Liam nudged the pizza towards me.

"You should take one first." Liam chuckled.

"Thank you." I took two pieces and started eating. I was quiet, the boys started talking about different types of girls which was slightly uncomfortable.

Harry looked at me, "Uh do I have something on my face?" I asked. Louis suddenly looked up at my question.

"No. Don't mind him, he is quite flirtatious." I looked back at Harry.

"Noted, considering you were eying me while I was standing in a towel." I laughed. The boys glared at Harry who shrunk in his chair and blushed. "Okay, so you guys basically know my life in a nutshell. Sort of. Just the tragedy. I want to know about your guys's lives. Not the tragedies of course." Great stutter genius. The boys started laughing. I looked across at Niall who was grabbing his fourth piece,

"Well I'm Liam Payne, I am 19 years old and come from Wolverhampton..." I listened to the boys one by one as they told me a brief summary about themselves. I smiled like an idiot when all five of them finished.

"Well okay then! Nice to meet all of you! This will be fun living with five guys."

I cleaned up dinner and put everything away, and went back into the living room. The boys were watching a movie so I plopped down over by Liam who was on the floor. He smiled at me and went back to watching the movie. I wasn't used to the time difference, so I fell asleep half way through. The next morning I woke up in a room with Harry snoring loudly, I through a pillow at him bumping the person next to me.

"Hey." the voice whispered.

"Sorry!" He turned to look at me, I was in bed with Louis. He looked at my confused face.

"Yeah uh, there aren't enough places to sleep but we are fixing that today. Do you want your own room?" I looked at him and smiled.

"I would like one, but that is only if it isn't a bother for you boys." Louis started to laugh, "Shush, you'll wake up Curly." I smashed his face with a pillow.

"Well you might switch around with us. I don't know, the boys want to get to know you personally, don't know what that means." I looked at Louis with a raised eyebrow,

"Ha um okay?"

"Just go with it." He winked at me and we went to go get breakfast.