Y!Shino x Reader x Neji

Warning: the reader being poisoned, and I was also told to warn people with fear of bugs to maybe not read this? Especially if you don't like bugs on you ;D

--

He was always having a bug or two keep track of you. They were hiding in your clothing or in your hair, anywhere where you wouldn't easily find them.

He liked knowing where you were. It put him at ease. He knew he was probably just paranoid. He had been ever since that one time where you were attacked by a ninja, and he wasn't there in time to help...

He would have loved to become your hero. He would have waited until the very last second, and then he would have stepped in, beating your attacker to a pulp, before he'd carry you away to patch you up with his own two hands. And you would have looked at him with gratitude and admiration, and just maybe he could've stolen a kiss from you. It would have been perfect...

But he was too late. By the time he even found out about the attack, you were already in the hospital, Neji by your side.

Shino knew the Hyūga called himself your boyfriend, and he had learned to accept that even you did make some mistakes in your life - Neji being almost all of them - and that it would be best to let you go on until you'd learn that Neji could never, ever give you what he was willing to give. The Hyūga wasn't the right man for you. Shino thought he was prepared to wait until your heart was broken by him and you learned the lesson yourself.

But Neji had stolen his big entrance! He had made himself your hero! And how you had looked at him then, so loving!

You think you love him, but you don't. He's tricking you into thinking that, manipulating you. He's toxic. Come to me!

So now, Shino had you - quite literally - bugged. And he would never allow Neji to steal his big moments again!

Most of the time, Neji was around you, pretending to be the perfect boyfriend for you. But Shino knew the truth. He knew how how violent the Hyūga was. He knew that boy was just trying to corrupt you, to take your sweet innocence away. He was a monster. And he'd save you from him. Then you'd realise who the true hero was.

Shino visited you mainly at night. He hated being there when Neji was, because those fake loving looks nearly killed him. How could no one else see through his scheme? Why did they trust him with you?!

So, to avoid his greatest rival, he crept into your hospital room at night, gazing upon you as you slept. It was a lot easier to get into the hospital than it was to get into your home. Not that he hadn't mastered that before. But a part of him wished you could stay in the hospital forever, so he could come and see you every night.

Two weeks after you went into hospital, your doctors told you that you'd be discharged within the next two days. And word about you travelled fast. You had many friends, and those who couldn't visit where updated regularly by Neji. It annoyed Shino, but it was a good enough source.

Shino knew he needed to take action. Every time he heard people compliment Neji, or even than him for helping you, the resolution was solidified. But what to do?

Killing Neji would be a hassle, and there was no way he wouldn't be found out. He was the pride and joy of the Hyūga family, and surely his father would investigate the death of his son until Shino was found out.

He sat in your room at night, thinking of other ways to get rid of Neji, when suddenly he saw one of his bugs travel across your closed lips. And his eyes lit up with excitement as an idea finally came to him. It was risky, but worth it. Definitely worth it. Because if it went wrong, then... well, at least no one could have you. That was still better than the Hyūga brat latching onto you.

The preparations were easy. Some special bugs gently placed in your soft hair, and a half empty syringe placed under your bed, and then he took his leave.

He didn't have to wait long until Neji came to visit you again, waking you up and bringing you breakfast. For a short while, Shino feared that one use of the byakugan would ruin everything, but Neji hadn't used it once. Or else he would have found Shino's bugs already. So there really as no reason to worry.

Neji stayed almost the entire day, but for once, Shino didn't mind. It was all right. Soon enough, you wouldn't want him around anymore.

When Neji left to get you a last tea before he's have to go home, Shino took action. Creeping closer, he ordered his special little bug to finally start with it's suicide mission.

You almost got it. You almost sensed the tiny big crawling across your cheek, to your lips. You almost noticed when you opened your lips to yawn and practically inhaled the little thing. You coughed a little, but thank the heavens, didn't pay too much attention to it when Neji reentered. Shino shivered with excitement.

Now, it wouldn't take long until the poison would start to work. Neji gave you a goodbye kiss, and Shino tolerated it. It would be his last one, after all.

Neji left, and not even fifteen minutes later, doctors rushed to your room, alarmed by your coughing and your wails for help. The poison was working. And it wasn't long until the syringe was found, filled just a little bit with the same poison that was currently coursing through your veins.

Shino left when your fight for your life began. He didn't want to see it, and he surely didn't want to be seen.

Now it was just a matter of time until they'd accuse Neji. And - if you survived - it was only a matter of time until you'd break all your ties to the Hyūga.

And then he'd sweep you off your feet himself.

Good luck, my dear (Y/N).

--

A/N: am I the only one who loves that pairing? If yes, sorry :P