29; 'Ditching' Brett

Sorry I am so late, had a hectic week but I'm back and here is chapter 29.

*

"Okay, we're ready." I turned around briskly to face Olive and Ren. They both had small, portable suitcases on their arms with small smiles on their faces.

"Don't worry while you were hanging with Layla, Jude explained what we are doing." Ren smiled gently. I still stared at them slightly alarmed.

"Okay." I squeaked. "Let's go then."

"What about Axel?" Olive asked.

"Brett?"

"His name is Brett? I swear you said it was-"

"Yeah Brett." Ren cut in and I shook my head.

"The Alpha agreed to let him into the pack. He should have a normal life without my issues." I explained, they nodded in understand. "You guys too. I don't want you to feel like you have to come."

"I do!" Olive instantly spoke.

"She means, that we have nothing better to do." Ren explained.

"You could have a life here." I suggested.

"We're a liability. If rogues catch word that a clairvoyant and a medium are here, this pack is screwed. We should go with you." Olive spoke.

"Okay." I muttered. "Let's go now."

*

We soon started to make our way to the Dark Sun pack. I didn't know what to expect, especially due to the title.

The Dark Sun Pack.

The word 'Dark' was taunting, especially when put next to a work like 'Sun'. Something so pure shouldn't be blended with the word 'Dark'.

"Are you okay?" Olive asked me. She stood in the middle of Ren and I and looked slightly concerned.

"I'm fine."

"You look a bit light-headed."

"I'm fine." I responded. I didn't feel light-headed at all but I did feel a slightly pain in my leg from walking so far.

"Layla was right on about this path, we've hardly had any issues." Ren admitted. I nodded in agreement.

He was referring to ditch we found and how Olive had fell right into making an overdramatic scene which made Ren and I laugh our heads off. We easily got her out but not without her screeching about how annoyed she was.

"How far have we got to travel?" I asked.

"We'll be there in a few hours." Ren told me and I nodded.

*

We were about an hour away when we met with out first glimpse of danger. In front of us stood a rogue. He was on his own and looked fairly vicious but seemed hesitant. It didn't want to make the first move but stood there dauntingly.

I turned to Ren who looked at Olive. We had weapons but I wasn't sure how well we'd be able to use them against the speed of a wolf.

So when the rogue started to approach us, I held out my scarlet weapon whilst Ren and Olive had mimicked my action.

As the battle was about to commence, a wolf came out of the woods tearing into the unsuspected wolf. We stood there agape as the dark wolf finished off the other wolf.

I looked at Ren and Olive as we all backed away and quickly ran from the wolf fight and into a different direction. We weren't stupid enough to watch the ending as for all we knew, we were next.

Once we were a safe enough distance, I took a breath and laid down next to a small lake. Olive was sorting out some water by dropping drops of water purification so we could drink the water safely from the lake.

"Damn you guys run far." I turned to see someone who made me let out an aggravated huff.

"Brett." I spoke slowly.

"I mean, seriously, I'm a wolf and you guys managed to outrun." He then proceeded.

"Brett."

"Okay, I lied, you guys are so slow. You would've probably been dead by now if I were someone else."

"Brett." He stopped speaking and looked at me. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh you know, trying to join the adventure that I was abandoned from." Brett huffed. "What a dick move."

"A dick move? How was that a dick move, I gave you a pack." I argued.

"Great so while I am all safe in that pack, my crush is running round with a bounty on her shoulder." Brett continued. "You shouldn't have ditched me."

"You shouldn't have come."

"Apparently I should've otherwise you would've been slaughtered."

"We had weapons." I defended.

"Do you even know how to use them?" He questioned. None of us spoke up. We did know slightly how to use them but we weren't professionals. "I am your bodyguard." He turned to me.

"Whatever Brett, it's not like you're going to leave now."

"Like hell I am."

"You know anything about the Dark Sun Pack?" Ren asked.

"I know a bit." Brett responded. "Something I learned over the years. They are rutheless to some and kind to others ."

"Why'd you learn that?" Olive asked innocently.

"Sebastian, they hate him." Brett told us. "Absoultely detest him with a passion. So I think we have a chance of passing. Enemies of one will be allies with the other."

"Huh?"

"Basically, we are Sebastian's enemy so the likely hood that the Dark Sun pack would accept us is fairly high." Brett explained.

"That's good then."

"Plus, they'll probably love Mavis since she's a fugitive now." Brett proceeded. "They'll like Olive and Ren."

"What about you?" I questioned.

"Oh they'll have to put up with me." Brett spoke. "You know my cousin is in the Dark Sun pack."

"Really?" Olive wondered.

"Yeah, didn't leave on good terms though. It was during the time that I was brainwashed by Sebastian's pack." Brett explained.

"Before you met me?" I asked.

"Before I met you." Brett confirmed. "Fairly sure that it was just before I met you. Aged five."

*

[a/n]

Kind of a filter chapter and I didn't know where to go with it due to the fact that it was just a journey.

I'll try update tomorrow since I feel as though you guys deserve a better update :)

See you later!

:D