26; Roses are Red

Rosie's POV

When my eyes opened, lights blarred into my eyes blinding me instantly. Why was I waking? And where was I?

Sebastian.

Polly.

Olive.

Ren.

Clara.

The last thing I remembered was being with Mavis in that grim cave. I remember the witch - Valencia - handing me the potion and that's what caused me to-

"That bitch!" I shouted out loud, oblivious to my surroundings.

"Rosie." A voice breathed out in relief, I turned to see Mason. I let a smile appear on my face at his presence.

"Mason." Relief filled my body. Mavis had did it, she had gotten us back here without Sebastian knowing. "Oh thank- where's Mavis?" Worry filled my body. Surely, she would be here, she's my best friend.

"Don't worry about her." Mason continued, looking slight angry but his relief filled most of his tone. "She's been dealt with."

"Dealt with?" Rosie spoke horrified. "What do you mean? She's not dead, is it?"

"She might as well be." Mason mummered.

I let tears slip out of my eyes as I hear the news of my best friend. She might as well be. She might as well be dead?

"What does that mean Mason? You've got to tell me." I spoke, my voice hurried. My heart started to leap in fear.

"Doctor! Doctor!" Mason started to call.

Alena - Mavis' sister - rushed in, she already looked distressed as it was without the Alpha barking order. Her distress was most likely linked to Mavis.

"I'm okay. I'm okay." I repeated.

"You are not okay." I was worry that is what was making my heart thump.

I was worried about Mavis.

Soon I found myself in a situation I'd started with, I was going back into a sleep but this time, it was forced.

*

I woke up again but this time with no one by my side. My eyes flickered around the room and I knew I was in Mason's room. My eyes then made a connection with the fireplace.

I got out of the bed as fast as I could making sure my steps wouldn't alert anyone - Mason. Not that I couldn't sense him anywhere near me. He was probably in a meeting or hosting training. I hadn't known Mason for long but it felt like I'd knew him my whole life. It was probably something to do with the mate bond.

I walked over to it and stared at the fireplace for a while questioning why there was a fireplace here in the first place. Why would he need one in his room?

The door suddenly slammed open and I looked up to see Red. "Oh thank goodness, you're awake." She praised.

"Don't tell Mason." I spoke quickly.

"Whoa there, sleeping beauty. I wasn't going to." Red raised her hands up in defense. I moved away from the fireplace.

"What are you doing here?"

"Can't I just see how you're doing?" Red asked. "In fact, you are my Luna now - not officially of course."

"I'm fine Red." I told her.

"I know." She mummered. "A little witch potion that knocks you out doesn't really cause much harm."

"You speak from experience?"

"Of course." She scoffed. "They are really tricky." I smiled slightly.

"Valencia?"

"Valencia." I laughed at this. "But I am not here to discuss her and her excuses. We all know there's no side effects, you just likes a good laugh."

"Why are you here?"

"Mavis sent me before she was sent into the wild." Red admitted. "Said something about a fireplace."

I smiled gently and nodded gesturing for Red to come closer. "Come here."
Red came over and sat next to Rosie close to the fireplace. "A brick in here is loose."

Red and I started to tap against the walls of the fireplace but nothing was there. I let out a huff in annoyance. "It should be here."

Red let her lips make a fine line. She then started to bang around the fireplace trying to find a hollow section. As she continued down her way, an idea popped into her mine and she punched the upper part of the fireplace. I squealed in surprise.

"Red!"

"I'm a werewolf! I'll heal." Red had managed to find what we were looking for but it wasn't in the form that I was expecting.

"A key?" Red asked.

"I thought it'd be a letter or something, something important, not a stupid key which we have no idea where it goes."

"I may have some idea."

*
[a/n]

Hey there!

Another chapter for you guys.

Sorry for a couple of short chapters, sorry not sorry :)

Bye! 😊

:)