I slipped back into the bathroom and fixed my hair. Combing it out a little bit and applying a little eyeliner. I checked the time again; 10:27 a.m. My pulse spiked and my palms got sweaty. I wasn't nervous was I?

I trotted down stairs to the kitchen and sat on one of the wooden stools at the breakfast bar, patiently waiting for him to get here. All I could think about was what he wanted, and why he wanted to see me. I rolled me eyes at the thought, I could only imagine. The obnoxiously loud doorbell made my head snap up to the door and my pulse spiked vigorously. I cautiously stepped towards the door, and slowly opened it. There he stood, slightly sitting into his left hip and that stupid smirk planted on his face. His dark jeans definitely suited him, and his Grey tee-shir accentuated his skyblue eyest. For whatever reason, seeing him melted my heart. "Hey, Ivy!" He greeted happily.

"Hi." I replied with coldness in my tone. Being around him made my blood boil. His head fell down and he stuffed his hands into his pockets. He knew I was furious with him.

"Uhh, are you ready to go?" He had no emotion, but I knew he was upset. He didn't want to admit it, but he was.

"Sure, let's go." I tried to sound at least a little enthusiastic, a smile instantly reappeared on his face.

I climbed into his convertible and buckled myself in and rested against the door. We were driving down the road in silence, a really awkward silence. He turned to me with a grin.

"You look really beautiful today, Ivy, well as usual." I felt my face flush and looked down into my lap, in attempt to hide the brightness in my red face.

"Thanks, Sam." I said with a little smile. I turned the stereo on to get rid of the agonizing silence. My face lit up when I heard You and I by Ingrid Michaelson playing softly. I turned it way up and sung out the lyrics.

"You have a really beautiful voice!" He shouted over the loud music. I flashed a toothy grin at him and sung my heart out.

He stopped the car at the park and I chuckled to myself. Doesn't it figure he'd take me here? This was where I had last seen him, besides yesterday. Eight years ago was the last time he spoke to me, and the last time I had been here with him. He ran out of the car and right before I let him get my door for me, I swung it open, nearly knocking him over with the door. I chuckled again and shrugged when he gave me the 'What the heck was that for?!' face. I strided down the steps, and made my way to a swing set. I plopped myself down and clutched the chains lightly. Sam leaned against the pole of the swing set and smiled while he watched me swing.

"Enjoying the view?" I questioned sarcasticaly.

"I am actually." He replied with a wink. I snorted, that pig. I huffed and stormed away from him and sat down angrily at a picnic table. Sam sat across from me, but I refused to look at him.

"Just spit it out Sam, what do you want, and why are you even talking to me? You hate me, remember?" I waited for his reply. I furiously began tapping my fingers against the table and glared at him. "Well?!" I demanded, I was getting furious now. I stared down at my lap, tears about to start flowing. When all of a sudden, I heard laughter. My eyes met him, and sure enough, he was laughing. "You idiot! Why are you laughing? This isn't even funny!"

After he stopped laughing and caught his breath he looked me in the eyes, with seriousness written all over him. "You honestly think I hate you?" He asked. I nodded my head in response.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize that not talking to somone for eights years didn't mean that you didn't hate them!"

"Ivy! How could I hate you?!" His hands formed into tightly clenched fists and he spoke through gritted teeth.

"Well then please, humor me, tell me, why did you stop talking to me?" I questioned, while laughing sarcastically. Despite the fact that I knew darn well I was about to bawl at any moment.

"Well, remember years ago, the last time we came here together," I nodded and motioned my hands in circles, telling him to go on. "Well, right before we came, I kinda snuck into your room and read something in your diary. Then that night, I slept over Dylan's house, and told him about what I read. I was so mad when he confirmed it and said that you had told him yourself. I just figured there wasn't a point in talking to you seeing how it was true." He shrugged it off as if it were so casual.

"Are you kidding me Sam?! You are stupid enough to actually believe anything that comes out of Dylan's mouth? And how do you figure not talking to me would be for the best? How do you think it made me feel?! " His face flushed a little and I smacked my face into my palms, he was hopeless!

"Ivy, I'm really sorry, I was hoping you could find it in your heart to forgive me..." I mustered out a low chuckle and rested my chin in the palms of my hands, my elbows firmly on the table.

"Well, you're gonna have to try hard to gain my forgiveness."

"Playing hard to get are we?" He asked with a wink. I was shocked! But I didn't let him see it, I had to remain cool. Fine, he wants to play it like that? Well so can I.

Let the game begin.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys liked it!

Comment? Vote? (:

-Jess <33