Icarus

Icarus, the name of a Greek Myth, the name that's often associated with 'unfortunate'. He is remembered as too ambitious for his own good.

In Greek mythology, the story goes something like this; "Icarus, the son of skilful craftsman Daedalus, was in need of a pair of wings in order to fly over seas. So his father decided to put together for him wings made of freshly plucked bird feathers and wax. Daedalus warned him however 'Son, do not fly near the suns beam as it's heat will melt it's wax, and do not go down near the sea, as its water will damp it's feathers'. Forgetting his fathers instructions, Icarus got carried away with his gliding wings and started flying too close to the sun, which made the wings wax melt and one by one the feathers came off, until Icarus was flapping nothing but his bare arms. He fell into the deep sea, drowning to death."

Now I can't say this boy resembles anything of who Icarus is, but I just know his name is inspired by him, 'Icarus Farris' glancing at his textbook across the desk row under me, he's caught my attention for some days now, nothing to serious just a mysterious choice of name I wondered.

like always, I was daydreaming and this time about how I would of preformed on stage, during Shakespearean time as Juliet. I can see me swinging some auburn long and luscious hair, that oozed out a whiff of freshly torn rose fragrance at the audience, which would've gained their love and mesmerisation. But no, that was all down the drain for me after our professor pronounced 'of course in 16th century during Shakespearean time, men would dress up and role play as women, ladies you would've not been permitted to act!', and an obnoxious laughter followed after it from every boy in the hall.
'Not funny' I sighed
'I didn't laugh' he turned around smirking, squinting his eyes at me. It was Icarus Farris.
'O-oh yeah?' I held back a smile, as I felt my face flush
'Oh yeah' his smirk still visible.
He then turned around, just as the hall came back to silence. I slid back on my seat, watching in appreciation at his brawny backside and the few
occasional finger combing of his dark, thick stringy hair.

He is dreamy, he is the epitome of handsome. I've never really looked at him in focus , but now that i have, he sure has a face that Greek Daedalus himself might have structured, ironically.