Chapter 7

I wake up the follow making morn making without anyone bang making on my door or jump making on my bed. How peaceful & lovely all thing sugar &, &...

Suspicious.

That is most definitely not a good sign.

perchance for me, but not for others.

I had better get up & go check what's going on.

I get out of bed, slip on a blue dress similar to the one I wore yesterday, & walk outside & down to the din making halls.

Pippin is sitt making at the table with a smile & Hermes is sitt making at the table with one of the most grumpy, tired, & un-well faces I have ever had the chance to set eyes upon.

I laugh aloud, & they turn to me.

Pippin's eyes twinkle & Hermes makes a grunt making sound in acknowledgement of my enter making the room.

The suspiciousness of this just keeps ris making.

" Good morn making, Pippin, Hermes."

" Morn making, darling."

" Shut your mouth you cad, she's my betrothed."

Here we go again.

So, yesterday did not go well. Basically, they spent the whole even making insult making each other & making a racket.

It ended with Hermes almost clobber making Pippin, but Pippin is larger than Hermes, so I suppose Hermes didn't dare.

It really is so impolite how they would get into a brawl in the company of a young lady (me, obviously.)

I tune back in to the world around me, & exit my cerebral hemispheres for the meantime.

" You cad!"

" Pompous buffoon!"

" Idiotic prig!"

Finally, I decide to cut in.

" I simply said good morn making! Stop this balderdash right now!"

They are silent.

I take my seat & begin eat making.

" Have the adults already come to eat?"

" Not yet."

" No, this dolt woke me this morn making. I ought to have awaken at a later time than them, but this fool woke me." Hermes grumbles.

" Do you wake up late, then?"

" Yes."

" Yeah, because he is a lazy--"

" Pippin! Enough!"

" Fineeeeee, mother dear." he said with a grin.

I ignored it & ate some yoghurt. It's quite delicious today, I shall have to compliment Matilda on it.

" The yoghurt is exceedingly delicious today, won't you try it, Hermes?"

" I suppose I shall have a bit, if you don't mind, that is."

" Of course I don't, I just asked you if you wanted some, Hermes."

" What about me, darling? Surely you would not deem to forget to offer yoghurt to your dear Pippin-snookums!"

Pippin-snookums? What in the Under-world? What? Pippin-snookums?!

" You call him Pippin-snookums, Gadaranine?" Hermes asked, horrified.

" No! I had never even heard the term! First of all, last time I checked, you hated yoghurt with a vengeance. Second of all, Pippin-snookums?!?"

Hermes sighed in relief at me say making no.

" Alright, darling, you would rather call me your Precious little bitsy pookums, wouldn't you? I had quite forgotten, dear. Don't be mad at me, sweetheart."

Hermes looked even more horrified this time.

" Pippin..."

" Oh, quite right, quite right! It was snuggy-wuggy, was it not?"

Hermes looked a bit faint by now.

" PIPPIN!"

" Dear me! Have I still not come upon it, darling? Look, Hermes, she is quite ready to just off with my head, the Queen of my heart is! Oh... Let me think, I can-not remember what it was right at this moment..."

Hermes looks ready to call Ralph on the big bronze telephone. I don't blame him.

" Pippin. Please."

" Oh, yes, Pumpkin-wumpkin! That was surely it, was it not? I would be perfectly content with any of those, you know. Oh! Oh! I have another-"

" PIPPIN, STOP THIS balderdash IMMEDIATELY!"

Hermes looked relieved.

" I shall stop the nonsense right now, mother dear!"

" Oh, so I am your mother now?"

" You are the one who put yourself in that position, I am quite positively sure I didn't have a smidge to do with it in the least."

" exceedingly funny, sonny."

" Is not Soni an oriental commercial steam machinery producer?"

" I do believe it's Asian, not from the Middle East."

" I think one of our Portable Tele Calculation Engines is Soni brand."

" Yeah, your father's, if I'm not mistaken. I would much rather use the one I build. It's calculation system is much more customisable."

" Yeah, yours looks like a hunk of junk, though. No offense intended. It's the truth I shall stick to my Steapple."

" I could switch the CS on your Steapple to Aenux."

" As long as you keep it under the radar & clean up Aenux enough so that nobody notices the difference."

" Is that not illegal?"

Pippin & I both jump.

I had completely & absolutely forgotten Hermes was there.

" Yeah, it sort of is." I reply.

" Y-You know how to do something illegal?!"

" Yeah..?"

" OH MY ZEUS! I'M BETROTHED TO A CRIMINAL!!!" he cries.

" Yeah, she sells her wares on the black market."

Hermes blanches & lets out a wail.

Pippin bursts out laugh making & Hermes gets up & runs out of the room.

Sigh making, I eat the rest of the ham I had cut off & start eat making.

" Pippin, why did you do that?"

" What?"

" You know what I mean, Pippin. It was completely unnecessary to do such a thing."

" Unnecessary, perchance, but it was rather amuse- making."

" Pippin, you can-not just do things for amusement."

" Do you not take walks in the park for amusement?"

" Tak making walks in the park are good exercise for my body. They do not solely consist of amusement."

" Teas making Hermes & you does not only consist of amusement, then. It also consists of exercising making my vocabulary!"

" Pippin, you know pretty well that is not what I mean. I am try making to make this stay easier for all of us."

" Alright, I shall try to be more civil, if that is what you truly wish, Ollie."

" Thanks, Pippin."