Chapter 2

Early chapter since I'm travelling this weekend. ;)

" Well then, shall we get you dressed?" he says, unaware of my thoughts.

" Yes." I say, but sit on the bed & bury my head in my hands. Why must people always insert such awful things into my IEMP?

" None of that, now, come on, up we go!" He untangles my hands from my hair, hoists me up & into a stand making position.

He leads me over to my wardrobe, dig-doing through my clothes, remind making me of the day my sister & I left our parent's house, & how she had rifled through my clothes much similar to the way Peregrin was currently.

He tossed me a light tan dress which I usually wore under other dresses, & turned expectantly.

My eyes widened.

" That's it? What about the rest of my garments?"

" We're only walk making around our gardens. Nobody other than a few palace servants should see us. Besides, you already have your poofy underthings on."

" But Hermes & his parents are coming later, I can-not go with them in this garb."

" We can return & you can change for the view making of that buffoon later, silly."

" If you say so."

I go behind the chang making curtain & am suddenly quite aware that Pippin is in the room. Why must my sister make me think of such things? I was perfectly fine with chang making behind the blinds until a few minutes ago.

" Peregrine!"

" Yes, darling?"

Darling?!

" Who are you call making darling?! I am engaged to someone else! Button my dress."

I step out from the blinds & turn around, hold making my curly hair up so he can button the dress.

" & do not call me darling."

" Oh? Last time I checked, he most definitely did not call you darling, & what's more, neither of you decided to be engaged, much less with each other."

Here we go with this discussion again. We have been having it exceedingly often as of late.

" It is my duty to marry Hermes. perchance he does not call me darling, but, all the same, that should not mean that you can go about call making me darling. My darling sister did had a point, you had got to admit. What would happen if it the word got to Hermes's parents that I was "more than friends" with you? They already went through enough shame when they discovered my sister & I ran away from our parent's home. They had been gracious enough to not withdraw their offer of marriage."

" Ara! Think! What is it that you get through such an arrangement? What is the good? What benefits you in the least? What good could possibly ever come out of your marrying him? You get nothing! Nothing at all!"

" I will live comfortably. His family is quite well off. Besides, who else could possibly lower themselves to the point of marrying a woman which has nothing at all to her name except a title. Duchess, indeed, but with not even a single bit to her name. Added to that, the disgrace of having run away from her parental home with her sister. Someone that has these unnatural changes to their body, part machine. Think about that Peregrine. Who could possibly want me?"

He stays silent, but I can see his eyes burn-doing, the fire in his hazel eyes spark-making. I feel that if he says something in that moment, I will most definitely be burned, & yet another thing will change in how I view him. Yet another change will occur that cannot be undone. He opens his mouth to speak.

My breath making stops for a second, in apprehension.

Then, my IEMP makes an awfully loud growl making noise.

He blinks, his lips close, & the flames clear. After another moment of silence, he speaks.

" Let us go & pack some breakfast." He says, completely changing the subject.

So much for creating all that suspense.

He comes, holds out his hand as a peace offer-making.

I smile sweetly, scratch at & reach out my left hand, causing him to quickly switch h&s to accommodate. We shake hands, & I frown for a split-second.

Then it kicks in, my pointer finger releases a slight electric charge, & gives off a slight electric shock, causing Peregrine to jolt his hand, release doing mine. I grin, snicker-making at my success, & wait for his response.

Astound-makingly, he lifts his head, & smiles.

Mock smiles.

You had not seen a mock smile until you see Peregrine smile when he has been caught unaware & is plan-making revenge.

" I see you got your little Tesla switch to work, eh, darling?"

I almost blow at his call making me darling, but just in time, I catch it & hide it. He was probably try making to get a reaction out of me, well, he shan't have it.

" Yeah. I spent yesterday engineer making it. It could let out a larger shock if I needed it too. It looks pretty cool in the dark..."

" I see. Well, shall we go prepare our luncheon, darling?"

I struggled to keep my composure.

" Absolutely, we really should be go making if we are to return in time."

He comes over, loops his arm in mine, & starts skip-doing away, dragging me with him.

So childish.

***

You probably didn't expect that, did you? Or did you expect it? Tell me in the comments!

Don't forget to vote if you like this book!

-Legolass+