Unfortunately, Caleb and I were ones to go back to reality in Seattle. 

The plane landed in Seattle, the dreary weather welcoming us back with open arms. I all of a sudden missed the much milder temperature of Vegas. Caleb and I ran back to where we parked his car in the long term area in a weak attempt to dodge the pelting rain. We both slammed the door shuts and were in hysterics as he started the car.

"Welcome back to rainy Washington," I muttered placing my hands in front of the vent in the car where it was letting out warm air. 

He laughed, placing his right arm around the back of my seat as he reversed from the parking space. "Don't you want to be back?"

I bit my lip. "If I had a choice, I would want to stay in that convention my entire life."

"I take it you had a wonderful time then?"

I smiled at him. "More than I expected I would, and it's all thanks to you."

"My pleasure." His entire face lit up, and I had no doubt he loved me. If a stranger was looking in, they wouldn't believe that a sweet guy like him could be related to such a bitter woman who was his mother.

Caleb took the familiar route back to my loft, and I dreaded coming back. He definitely has spoiled me with the best hotel rooms and room service. Now I would be back to my squeaky old bed and rowdy neigbors who recently moved in up above my loft. 

He illegally parked the car in front of the entrance, making a statement that he didn't want to leave soon. I unbuckled my belt but stayed rooted to my seat. 

"Ann, we can't keep ignoring the giant elephant in the room." His voice sounded hurt.

I immediately knew what he wanted to talk about. I plastered a smile on my face. "We're not ignoring it."

Caleb sighed. "I broke my promise to you. I'm sorry." His face looked as dejected as his voice.

I turned my body around and leaned over to him. I let the left side of my hand softly caress his face. "You have nothing to be sorry about. Yes, I'm heartbroken that your mother and sister didn't like me, but hopefully that could change over time."

"I didn't know my mother could be that brutal."

"Oh, you're overreacting," I said pinching his cheek slightly. "She said a few hurtful words. It's what women do, and I can tell she said that because she loves you. Sophia only wants the best for you, and I admire her for that."

He touched his forehead to mine and closed his eyes. "You're more than the best for me. I simply don't deserve you."

I smiled. Oh the irony. "That's funny because I've been thinking the other way around."

He cracked a smile, breaking free from his crestfallen look. I hated that look on him. "Hmm, so we must not deserve each other then." 

I shook my head kissing the tip of his nose. "No, I guess we don't." I played along with him.

He gently kissed my lips several times. "But I'm not letting you go."

"Neither am I. I love you."

He kissed me deeply on what seemed like the umpteenth kiss. He slithered his tongue in, exploring every inch of my mouth. My fingers had spread out across his shoulders, tightening in a silent message to continue his assault on my mouth. The two of us had never kissed this intensely as before, and he pulled away remembering I had to breathe to live.

"Go on inside," he suggested but the look on his face said something different. "You're back working tomorrow, aren't you?"

I nodded. "Unfortunately." I pulled away from him. "I'll see you tomorrow morning then?"