Chapter 46 - "Happy Birthday... Louis."

Start from the beginning

But Alexander joined in on my laughter. “Has it really been a week since you lot got back to England?” he asked as if in shock of what I was telling him.

“It is indeed,” I told him and casted my mind back, a lot had happened since we got back, Alex went for her second scan, without Liam may I add! That girl was insane for not telling him! Anyway she found out that she was due on April 1st! meaning she was like 4 months gone, which also means that overnight her bump was going to show, meaning she had to start telling people. I shook my head and returned to the phone call. “What can I do you for?” I asked holding the jacket at arms’ length.

“No it’s not what you can do for me, it’s what I can do for you,” he said. “Alexander, that’s the worst pick up line I’ve ever heard,”

“Oh June, you keep me young,” he laughed. “But seriously, I have some pretty good news,” he told me. “Go on,” I told him. “Security is going to be put back to normal effective immediately.”

“What?” I asked, hoping with all that I had that my hearing hadn’t deceived me.

“I said security is going back to normal, no armed guards at the hotel in LA, you will not escorted anywhere either, although, I did hear about all of your lot’s antics with that fire escape,” Alexander said. “Well what do you expect from us now Alexander?” I asked with a laugh. “I know, I know, and I’m so sorry for that inconvenience,” he told me.

“Why is it being slackened?” I asked, “Not that I’m not absolutely ecstatic about it like,” I told him with a laugh. “Well our Modest security team has been monitoring everything since we upped security. And since there hasn’t been any threats, we see that there is no longer any reason for there to be any extra security,” Alexander explained. The whole time whilst he was talking a grin was growing on my face.

“You know what Alexander, that was possibly the best piece of news I’ve gotten all of this month,” I told him. “Well I’m glad to be the bearer of good news for a change,” he told me. I smiled, “Actually how’s the trial going for Niall’s Doctor?” I asked. “It’s out of our hands.”

“Meaning?” I asked. “Well we won’t get any feedback until the trial is over,” he told. “Ah… do you think he’ll get prosecuted?” I asked. “He’s definitely going to lose his doctor’s degree, but imprisonment… I’m not sure,” he told me truthfully.

I sighed, “It’s been one hell of a year, hasn’t it,” I said with a laugh. “That is very true,” he told me with a laugh. “Okay June, I’ll speak to you soon. Goodbye,” he said and the line went dead. I rolled my eyes, this was such typical Alexander behaviour, I never get to say goodbye. I slid my phone back in my pocket and added the jacket to the box. I looked around… I think I was pretty good.

*****

DECEMBER 24TH

“Ugh, June, tell your cat stop tickling my neck!” Louis told me, his eyes were still closed, “That’s not Lysander,” I whispered trying not to burst out laughing. “June, stop tickling me,” he told me still half asleep. This time I did laugh we were both lying in my back, back in my own apartment, and luckily Lysander was nowhere to be found.