"Are you okay?" A boyish laugh asked.

I immediately opened my eyes. Which I instantly regretted, cause now I was about halfway through the hallway. Frozen looking down at the good sixteen-foot drop. I could just imagine the glass breaking and me landing on the pavement, like an egg.

"Not at all!" I yelped. If it wasn't for him I would have been just fine, I'd even be on the other side of this damned thing!

"Of course not! You look ridiculous." He laughed again. If I wasn't so scared out of my mind, I'd probably think his laugh was cute.

"Shut up! Stop laughing you dickhead! It's not funny!" I shouted at him, annoyed. My eyes were still fixed on the ground, wondering how I'm going to get myself out of this.

"Would you like some help, Mia?" He asked. Forgetting all about my fear of ending up like roadkill, My gaze jumped over to him. And boy oh boy was he a looker.

Not now, Mia, I reminded myself.

"How do you know my name?" I squinted my eyes at him.

"I'm Rylan Summers." He replied, walking towards me. Like I was supposed to know who that was.

"STOP! THIS IS GOING TO BREAK ARE YOU FREAKING CRAZY!?" I yelled, horrified.

"It's not going to break Mia, see?" He stops right in front of me and jumped. This lunatic jumped!

"HELP! IM GOING TO DIE!" I called out for someone but no one was there.

Rylan reached under me and grabbed my legs lifting me up in his arms. I grabbed around his neck making sure that I don't slip. Cause if this thing breaks I fully intend to land on him.

His cologne invaded my nose, the spices tickling my senses. His light brown-blondish hair was combed over to one side but you could still see the curls trying to form at the ends of his hair. His high cheekbones sat perfectly on his face along with his sharp jawline. Not to mention he had to be at least 6 feet tall, cause he towers over me. And I'm 5'5".

"You know I don't mind carrying you Mia, but we are off the glass." He smiled down at me.

"Oh right, put me down," I demanded.

"Your wish is my command." He winked, letting go of me gently.

"How do you know my name?" I asked again since he never answered me the first time.

"I'm one of Rose's foster kids, she showed me a picture of you at the house, she thought you might have had gotten lost so she sent me out to find you." He replied.

That's when it hit me, I did remember reading his name in the file that Cassy gave me. I was so concentrated on talking to myself I didn't even notice that Rylan had reached out grabbed my hand.

His once light hazel eyes, that seemed so inviting, were darker, scarier. My heart rate increased. What did I do to piss him off? That's when I noticed what he was looking at. The dark bruises that were scattered on my arms.

"Who-" He began.

"Don't." I stop him. "Please." I practically begged him. My eyes started forming tears, I hate explaining why I had bruises. It was part of the reason I hated going to school, the sad looks, telling people how I fell down the stairs, breaking my arm to cover up for an awful man that had actually twisted it behind my back till it broke. Or why I come to class with new bruises every day.