CH. 15 | Friendzone

Start from the beginning

My hopes are squished when I spot Tyson sitting outside my door in one of my old beloved grey Nike hoodies and a pair of red flannel Simpson pyjamas, with his head resting against the door frame, his eyes are shut and his mouth ajar. Why was this idiot asleep in the corridor like a homeless person?

Despite my sadness, I smile at him fondly; of course he'd be here. I tip toe over to him and press my palm over his lips so that he won't make any noise when he wakes up. Tyson jolts upright at the feel of my cold hands, his pretty brown eyes slightly dazed from shock. I press my finger to my lips signalling to him to keep quiet then stifle a giggle at the way he nods warily up at me like a victim that is being rescued from his captors. I pull him to his feet and we enter my bedroom as quietly as we can, letting the door click softly behind us.

The state of my pokey dorm room makes me groan; it looks like Tyson's room -like a bomb of hit it. Whenever I get ready to go out I have a bad habit of turning my whole room upside down just to get dressed. My wardrobe doors hang open with a collection of shoes, tops, bottoms and dresses tumbling out of it. More clothes, some underwear and accessories have taken over my bed space, and pots and tubes of makeup with applicators scattered between them covered the rest of the available surfaces. I kick off my Converses in the direction of the wardrobe jumble so that they can join their sisters, and sweep all the crap off of my bed onto the floor. I'm not in the mood to tidy up right now.

"You gonna tell me where you were?" Tyson asks unearthing my matching pair of Simpson pyjama pants in blue from one of my wardrobe shelves -we bought them together in an ironic attempt of behaving like stereotypical besties. I pull my dress over my head and grab the pants from him, ignoring his distracted stare. He'll get over it in a minute.

"I don't wanna talk about it right now," I mutter climbing into bed in just my Pj pants and bra.

Tyson joins me and tucks the single bed duvet around us, making sure to tuck it a bit tighter on his side as I have a habit of rolling myself up in them and leaving him with nothing.

"Ri, I was going out of my head, I couldn't sleep. Fonts said that you had gone off with that Carter guy from Langford and that you were licked. I called you like a thousand times."

I sighed and rolled over putting my back to him.

"I wasn't with Carter."

"Then who were you with?"

I wasn't about to answer that at this moment. I really did just want to sleep and forget about this whole ordeal for a few hours, and if Ty knew that I had been with Nate, that wish would not be coming true for a good while.

"Ty, I just want to sleep, okay. Can we'll talk about it later?"

Tyson sighs and wraps his arm around me.

He kisses the top of my head, "Okay."

When I wake, it's dark and I'm alone in my bed, cocooned in the duvet, wondering where Tyson is. I reach up and pat my hand clumsily along the wall until I felt the cool plastic of the light switch. The florescent prison standard light flickers on, illuminating my now mysteriously tidy room.  On my desk is a large pizza box, accompanied by a litre bottle of Pineapple KA and two plates. I shuffle out of the bed to peek at the pizza; chicken, pineapple and sweet corn stuffed crust on a barbecue base. This is why I love Ty; he knows exactly what I need to cheer me up when I'm feeling low, and comfort food is definitely one of them.

Just then Tyson came through the door with a few more eating utensils and two tubs of Haagen Daaz ice cream; Strawberry Cheesecake for me and Cookies and Cream for himself.

"I got the expensive stuff," he grins wiggling his eyebrows.

"Ty, you didn't have to do this," I gush taking a few items out of his hands so that I can give him a hug.