CH. 15 | Friendzone

It's 4pm as I traipse towards my dorm building in last night's outfit, with my hair thrown into a sloppy bun revealing a few tell-tell weave tracks, and dried tears staining my cheeks. I am a far cry from the picture perfect potential 'Queen of Brompton' that I have been consistently trying to depict, but right now I don't care, I have bigger things to worry about. All I want to do is climb into my bed and sleep, and sleep, until enough time has passed for the pain to become irrelevant.

Nathaniel had dropped me back to campus against my will, leaving his newly acquired baby mother in his flat so that they could talk when he returned. Let them talk; I have nothing more to say to him. I mean, what is there for me to say? We had been happy together before and he'd ruined it with Georgia, then just as we get back to the good times, he ruins it all over again with the same bitch! He's gone an outdone himself this time; before I had to deal with infidelity, which was hard enough to move past, but now the twit's gotten her pregnant!

This feels like a huge karmic slap in the face; I was pregnant for him just over a year ago and I chose to get rid of our baby, so the universe, knowing how badly Nate wanted our child, gave him another with a girl who would keep it just so she could keep him. She's finally won her prize; that gorgeous, popular, powerful, wealthy young man is now hers.

What I don't get is why he'd have unprotected sex with his 'link'. I knew she was more than a bit on the side to him, the only person he was lying to was himself. Georgia cooks him breakfast and rides to uni in his car with him every Monday morning, they're always at events together, not to mention every time I see her with her claws clutching onto him when I see them around campus and now they're having a baby. How could he have been so stupid? He'd always claimed that he and Georgia we're never serious and that he had no plans to make it so, but what's not serious about a family?

 If there is ever anything to mark the end of the Rio and Nate saga, this is definitely it. I can't compete with a baby. As he spoke I'd made a mental note to myself to go to the clinic and get the morning after pill; we didn't need any more baby mama drama than we had already.

The whole agonising ride back, he'd reeled off a string of apologies and promises that he would fix it and that we'd be happy. I didn't say a word, I just sat there crying and shrinking away from him whenever he tried to touch me –it was like we'd switched roles from that time he drove me home from the abortion clinic; now he's the sorry one and I can't stand to be near him. How can he possibly fix this? He can't force her to get an abortion, hence this can't be fixed. His pleas were falling on deaf ears.

How am I supposed to sit down and watch the man I love build a family right in front of me with a woman I despise?

I can't.

He kept on saying that nothing has to change, that we can still be together and that everything would be all right in time, but he is wrong. This changes everything, not only between us, but I can feel a change coming over me as well. I am sad. I know I moan a lot, but aside from my mini teen dramas I was actually quite content with my life. Education wise, I'm doing pretty well, I finally have friends outside of Tyson so my social life is booming, as is my social networking life (I almost had 1000 followers on Twitter and about 400 on my Instagram) –I was enjoying my independence. Unfamous wise, I'm excelling up the ladder faster than I'd expected, and I'd only been at Brompton for 2 months. Almost everything is perfect, but my pathetic love life just overshadows it all.

I enter my flat as quietly as possible praying that no one comes out of their room and start questioning me. The girls and Tyson have been hitting up my phone since yesterday upon discovering that I hadn't returned to campus, but I'd been too wrapped up in my fairy tale to let them know I was okay. The last thing I wanted to do right now is have everyone asking the dreaded question that will only worsen my mood; 'Are you okay?'