Ch. 10 | Moet

It's Sunday night and my girls and I are dressed to the semi-casual nines -which meant that every chance we got we would take snaps for Instagram, to show those who weren't attending Sunday Slam tonight how good we look, seated amidst the overflowing audience of the Sunday Slam crowd in Plan X, watching Shaquille work the stage with his charismatic hosting abilities.

The event was definitely living up to its over-hyped hype; Unfamous faces from all walks of popularity were dotted heavily around the place in their statement outfits -a mixture of designer clothing, heels for 'bad bitches', street wear, tattoos, eclectic hairstyles and piercings – it looked like Tumblr had regurgitated inside the building. Everyone was either paying attention to the show, networking, flirting, drinking, snapping shots for Instagram (cue the infamous 'duckface', contemporary poses and filters)  and tweeting (as you do...#SundaySlam). I had selected the current understated urban girl closet staple; a black midi dress, Converses, my OBVLY beanie hat from which my weave fell out from underneath in waves of well sculpted curls, red lipstick, lashes and ratchet gold jewellery. There were several other girls dressed like this (as expected) but I convinced myself that I was rocking it the best.

Oddly for a Sunday night, Plan X had brought London to life; it felt like a Saturday night. Normally I'd be curled up on the sofa in my house clothes watching some film that I had seen more times than necessary on terrestrial television, too lazy to move because my mother's Sunday dinner had given me 'the itis' –a term black people used for that heavy exhausted feeling a generous plate of soul food would incur.

That was one of the many wonderful things about living in London, no matter what day or hour it was, there is always something to do. We are the British version of New York –the city that never sleeps.

Amari is lodged in the DJ booth chatting to Sky who (for whatever reason) is now one of the Sunday Slam girls (a set of wannabe models that Ace hires, whose job it was to walk around in too tight #TeamSundaySlam t-shirts and play hostess with the mostess with the crowd...which mainly involves them walking around like they own the place and hovering around the 'important' people), while Carmen downs multiple glasses of rosé and describes all the different ways she would kill her. Yoshi is cuddled up in the corner with Ace, giggling like she had no sense and Fontaine is trying to coax me into an unnecessary trip to the bathroom just so she can walk past a cute guy –whom she's giving her best 'come hither' eyes to -that is hovering by the stairs. The things girls do for attention. I don't really want to go because the way I see it, if 'Mr. Tall, Dark & Hench' (as she has so suitably dubbed him) was so interested, he would come and speak to her instead of having to witness her tactless tactics.

As you can see I'm not in the best of moods tonight. I had every intention of coming to here and continuing my charade of the up and coming 'It' girl, but once I got inside and saw Nate with Georgia in the VIP booth, my spark went out.

*