Chapter Four.

Hey guys, I haven't updated in a while but I've been getting slammed with tests. I also am around 5 or so chapters ahead on the story and just need to type it up... Thanks for the support and like/comment. Okay enjoy!
---------------------------------------------------------
Chapter Four:
We finish dinner and he grabs Adaline’s hand, ironically it reminds me of my dad when I was young… Before all of this at least. He pulls his arm around my neck, and smiles. I take his arm off of me laughing.
“Don’t do that again.” I say and smile lightly. He doesn’t argue but so much as smile.
    “Hmm…” He says grabbing my hand. It takes me by surprise but I laugh it off.
    “Smartass.” I mutter, and look around. We’re nearing the end of town, Aryianne is quite large and obviously gorgeous. It’s almost like Archangel yet it has it’s own characteristics, Aryianne is less technologically advanced but in some aspects that’s great. It lessens the moral less chance of being found, yet the city of Aryianne has it’s own flow. Aryianne is very open and almost transparent. The people are transparent, or at least supposed to be. Yet it seems to have it’s own sense of mystery. The first section of the city is enchanting. Namaleav. In this portion of the city there are exotic trees, plants, and flowers, line the streets and sidewalks. Most festivals are held in this portion of the city, life flourishes in this portion. The people of this side use the fields and meadows to their full advantage, gardening and hunting for themselves and only their own. Meadows are typically for the children to explore. The children play barefoot in the streams, some lie under the willow trees reading books, others find sticks and stones to make forts and “fight” with. This is the charming side of the city as some say… There is the Rencx beyond that, the Rencx is the rubble left from the war... Anyone who goes there typically doesn’t come back. Last the other portion Eavahnte, is known for the polar opposite of Namaleav. While they are not known for agriculture, they are known for incredible technological advancements; things like the coded system were made by these people. Everything is neat, precise, and relevant; there is no place for error and accidents. In a sense, they both are polar opposites… I guess that what makes them work well together. In a book from school there was a chapter on Chinese Philosophy, it brought up yin and yang, that yin was the negative and yang was the positive. It’s quite interesting really, the idea that polar opposite forces can join in harmony. That they can be intertwined and interconnected through mutual respect. Why can’t we take that concept into consideration? I mean the coded and uncoded living in harmony, just like yin and yang. It’s not a new concept. None of the less, upon other cities the largest is Archangel, Archangel is the largest city of them all, and capital is placed on the outskirts of it, almost to watch over the city. It’s members include the wealthy, and citizens that have power. Archangel manufactures the divisions treasury, evenly distributing it; or so they say… I mean we all know most of Archangel saves X amount of dollars for themselves. Parelaza, Calezsay, and Navad are just some of the cities I have yet to explore, they exist but in my opinion it’s not until you explore the city do you fully see its importance. For instance Eavahnte could easily be mistaken for a city of unimportance, yet the main food sources come from the city and therefore Eavahnte is vital to our survival. I must’ve been lost in thought because I find us making our way down a dirt road towards some of the larger homes. We walk past dark stone houses that are so luxurious i’d be afraid to stay there, i’d be to worried that someone would break in, instead of enjoying myself. It really isn’t funny but yet… I always seem to be on edge. Some more homes pass in the distance not to far from myself yet, as we pass them they are very inconsistent as far as the worth. It makes me smile just a little bit, just the fact that at least the homes aren’t categorized…
“This is it.” His voice starts but trails off.
“I hope you like it.” He says quietly. I peer up, the outside is beautiful. The grey stone makes the house look elegant, the Victorian look of the house gives it almost a earthy feeling. Lilies and dahlias are planted in the front, presenting a pop of color in contrast to the home's rustic look. I give him a small smile, it’s beautiful.
“This is yours?” I ask.
“No, I just brought you here to explain the difference between a daisy and daffodil.” He says sarcastically.
“Okay, okay, and the difference is?” I say, sure that he’d have no response.
“They're both pretty okay? No need to separate the flowers into different categories.” He laughs.
“Anyway.” I mutter,
“Am I correct to assume Adaline and I can camp downstairs, I just need a sleeping bag.”
“That won't be necessary.” He cuts me off.
“Oh?” I ask him questionably.
“You both will have your own bedrooms complete with clothing.”
“Wait, you have extra bedrooms for us?” I say softly. He nods.
“You don't think that i’d let you both lay on that rough couch. That'd be very uncomfortable!” He says lowering his voice.
“Ni…” Adaline cuts herself off.
“Let's go see the inside then!” I smile. He nods and brings us inside, as soon as the click on the door sounds the light flickers on and, the interior comes to life. The furniture looks gorgeous. Liam sets everything down and leads me around the home, like a tour guide. It could almost be an attraction, the property is quite large. The stain glass windows make the house almost enchanting…
“There are three bay windows in the house; one in my room, one in the living room and another in your bedroom.” He says politely. I nod and smile softly at the ground.
“Is that alright?” I look up, I see concern in his eyes. It’s almost as if he’s ensuring it’s good enough for us, which it is. It’s everything I could ask for.
“What? No, I mean yes; what I mean to say is it’s amazing!” I respond. He looks down momentarily. Stupid. I think. He invites you into his home and you do this! I can’t help but mentally beat myself for that.
“Good” He sighs. “You’ve been with me for around two years now.” He says.
“They won’t believe that.” I say calmly. “We haven’t ever been here before today.”
“Ah!” He says enthusiastically, “as far as they know my girlfriend and her daughter moved in today.” He smiles.
“Girlfriend?” I glare at him.
“You don’t really have a choice…” He smoothly says.
“I guess you’re right.” I laugh, for a moment his face turns a light shade of pink. Adaline runs in behind me, shaking me vigorously.
"Look! Look at my room!" She smiles.
"Now adaline! That's not how we act; especially when someone invites us to stay." He smiles down at her.
"Nonsense, she's just excited." Liam says calmly, taking her hand.
"Well then what are we waiting for? Come on!"