Injured//029

🌸~sorry for just making Makenzie imagines in an Alex Ernst imagine book😂btw I just got 8k readers thanks 💕

🌸~sorry for just making Makenzie imagines  in an Alex Ernst imagine book😂btw I just got 8k readers thanks 💕

"Babe, please be careful," Makenzie called for the hundredth time, receiving a thumbs up in reply. "I don't want to have to call EMS."
"You won't! Trust me," Isaac told her, skating up to her and sitting beside her, leaning over to kiss the girl on the cheek. "You act like I haven't been skating for twelve years." Makenzie sighed but let him go, sitting back to pull out her history book while he skated.
This was normal for them – to just hang out at the skate park. It gave Makenzie time to sit out in the sun and study while still spending time with Isaac. He would skate and work on tricks, calling for her attention whenever he conquered whatever he was working on. Makenzie couldn't watch Isaac practice his tricks. She had no problem watching him once the other had managed to get the hang of the trick, but watching him practice worried her to no end. Every time her boyfriend would stumble or fall, she worried he would be injured.
So instead, she buried her head in her homework and just listened to the sound of the skateboard wheels humming over the concrete. She fell immune to the sounds of the skateboard flipping over and skipping across the ground whenever Isaac fell. Today though, the sound was different. There was the normal sound of wheels on concrete, the scraping noise of the board sliding across the ground, and the thump of Isaac hitting the ground. But that's where it got weird.
Isaac didn't get up. There was no groaning, cursing, or anything. There was just silence. When Makenzie looked up, she gasped and jumped up. "Isaac!" she yelled as she hurried toward him. Isaac was sprawled across the ground, not moving. His arm was underneath him, and Makenzie kneeled beside him. "Isaac! Look at me!" she begged. But nothing happened. She pulled out her phone and dialed the emergency number, telling them quickly what had happened and where they were. Then she called her dad, unsure of what else to do.
"Hey, Makenzie, what's up?" Alex answered.
"Dad! Dad I need you! Something happened," she cried, just now realizing how wet her cheeks were.
"What happened? Is everything okay?" he asked.
"Dad, Isaac fell and he hit his head and he won't wake up," Makenzie cried, sitting back on her heels and running her hands through her hair.
"Alright, love. Just relax. Have you already called EMS?" Alex asked, already gathering his things. "Have you called David?"
"I called EMS but not Uncle David. Daddy, I don't want to tell him," she cried.
"Okay, alright. It's okay. I'll call David. I'm on my way to the skate park. Okay? You're being so brave. I'll be there in a minute. Just stay calm and do what EMS told you. What'd they tell you?" he asked, wanting to keep his daughter on the phone.
"Th-they told me not to move him and if he wakes up to not let him move," she said. "They didn't say much else. But they're on their way," she sniffled. "Daddy, please hurry," she begged. She couldn't look away from her boyfriend's body, and she felt almost physically ill. What seemed like a million years passed as she answered her dad's questions and listened for the sounds of sirens.
Alex showed up at the same time as EMS and hung up the phone promising he was there, and he ran in shortly after the paramedics. He hurried over to Makenzie, who was standing a couple feet away, her arms crossed tightly. One hand reached up to push her hair back, and she caught sight of her dad. "Daddy!" she cried, and Makenzie hugged her close, rubbing her back as her body wracked with sobs.
David arrived on the scene just minutes after, his stomach twisting in his body as he saw the paramedics assessing Isaac. He headed over to Makenzie and Alex, reaching his hand out to pat Makenzie's back. "Oh honey," he whispered.
"Uncle David, I'm so sorry," Makenzie sobbed. "I wasn't watching and then he just fell and I panicked and oh my god!"
"No, no, baby girl, you did the right thing. Relax. This isn't your fault," David said, swallowing thickly as the paramedics lifted the still-unresponsive Isaac onto a stretcher. Alex offered to drive them to the ER, and it wasn't long before the whole family met them at the hospital.
Isaac had been taken straight back and David went with him, Mrs.Dobrik and Hannah (isaac's twin sister) heading back as well while everyone else stayed in the waiting room. Makenzie had gone silent, staring at her hands as she sat in the seat. Alex sat beside her, rubbing her back. Zane sat across from them, his foot tapping nervously, and Toddy was on the phone with Scotty, telling him all about what happened.
Makenzie stood up almost as soon as the door opened and David came out. "He's awake," David said quietly as the others gathered around him. "He doesn't remember what happened. Which the doctor said is normal. But he's got a pretty bad concussion and he broke his wrist." He ran his hand through his hair and sighed. "But he's going to be okay. He just has to stay here over night."
Makenzie felt a giant weight lifted off her shoulder as she heard that, bringing her hands to her mouth at the news. "Oh thank god," she breathed.
"David, that's wonderful," Alex added. David nodded and then looked at Makenzie.
"He wants to see you." Makenzie nodded unsurely and followed after David, her "uncle" leading her down a long hallway. David stopped outside a door and turned to Makenzie. "He's got a big gash on his forehead and he looks a little worse for wear, but he's okay," David promised. Makenzie nodded unsurely and then took a deep breath as they headed inside.
Isaac was laid out on a bed, it elevated a bit so he was in a sitting position. As David had said, there was a large, jagged cut on the left side of his forehead, and his wrist was set in a white cast. Isaac smiled at Makenzie as she entered. "Hi, babe," he whispered.
"Hi," Makenzie replied, coming to the side of Isaac's bed and taking his hand. "How are you feeling?"
"Could be better," Isaac said honestly. "But it's not too bad. How are you? I heard I scared you pretty bad."
"I'm alright," Makenzie promised. "You did scare me quite a bit. But you're okay now so I'm okay," she smiled, kissing his good hand. "So what'd the doctor say about skating?"
"I'm done and out for at least a couple weeks," Isaac frowned. "But I guess I kind of deserve it." Makenzie laughed dryly at that.
"Maybe a little bit. You scared me to death, Isaac," she pouted. "I probably will never let you skate again."
"You don't mean that, love," Isaac smiled, squeezing her hand. "You love how much I skate."
"You wouldn't be the same without it," she agreed, chuckling. "I love you, Isaac."
"Love you too, Makenzie," Isaac smiled. And before she left, Makenzie leaned down and kissed Isaac's cheek before leaving the room, no longer worried about Isaac. Because he was a fighter, and she was sure he'd be just fine.

🌸~shoutout goes to @Rita_Ships thanks for voting 💕